Sign in to follow this  
Lance

4th Annual Flagstaff Area CWT.com Get Together!!

]Peg and I still are planning on being there with our new addition. Probably coming up Friday night and staying till Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

post-1903-1275872759_thumb.jpg

19wks

post-1903-1275872908_thumb.jpg

Saguaro Lake

TJ

So bummed that I can't make it this year. We had a great time up there last year. For those of you that are thinking about going, you won't be disappointed if you do go. It's a lot of fun for kids and adults.

Man I'm really trying to make it this time. Past 2 years I've showed up late morning on Saturday and everyone is long gone by then. Hoping to come Friday night and stay with all y'all.

bummer - I was hoping to make it this year but there is no way my wife would agree to go camping over father's day weekend and miss being with our dads.

pretty sure I asked last year about moving it up or back a weekend to avoid this conflict. maybe you can consider it for next year. thanks.

Chris,

Quit being a little girl and go! Bring the wife and kids, it'll be fun. Besides, it's Fathers Day, we can do whatever we want, right??? ;)

One more thing, I also think that moving it to the wknd before interferes with his Buffalo hunts. And he'll have plenty of pictures to share with you all in regards to that critter this year!! ;)

Man I'm really trying to make it this time. Past 2 years I've showed up late morning on Saturday and everyone is long gone by then. Hoping to come Friday night and stay with all y'all.

They were not gone....they were hiding.

My son and I will be up there Friday afternoon/evening to enjoy the cool air. :D

The wife and I changed our friday evening plans to early friday morning and still plan on spending the night.. Look forward to seeing everyone. :)

TJ

Hey everyone Its good to see everyone is getting excited to go! Its just around the corner! I have been disconected from the world for the last month or two but now I'm home and getting cleand up and ready for this weekend so I dont smell like an old buffalo!

Lance

here are some maps to help people find us. Hopefully we will have some signs up to help you with the final turns into the camping area. Look for trucks with CouesWhitetail.com stickers.

Bring your bows as we always seem to have an archery shoot going on. If you have some antlers you want scored, bring those and I can score them for you.

Lance and family will provide dinner friday night and breakfast Saturday morning. Many stay both Friday and Saturday nights, but you can come up for the day or just stay one night if you like.

post-1-1276536286_thumb.jpg

post-1-1276536310_thumb.jpg

A neighbor and I went to Marshall Lake last evening. There was more water than in past years. I waded out past the reeds, but the weeds were to within a few inchces of the water surface, so I was snagging my fly within the first few inches of the retreive. Neighbor was paddling his kayak and did not find any holes in the weed beds. Pleny of water to paddle around in though if you just want to paddle. Near the boat launch was the only weedless water. A couple was drowning power bait and caught their limit of stocker rainbows (no grayling). I lost one on a damselfly emerger pattern and had another hit over about a 30 minute period at the boat launch pool.

Lower Lake Mary is fishing well for rainbows, I hear.

See y'all this weekend.