COOSEFAN

I Love Brownies!

Needing a break from the snakes I snuck away for a couple half day trips to Dinkville. Dinkville is close and quick so Drake and I headed up and stayed the night fully expecting to make a full day of shed huntin' but unfortunately Drake nose dived off a ledge into a cactus! I had to carry him most of the way back to the truck because his legs weren't working right :( After getting him home, I spent the Sunday with the wife and couldn't stop thinking about the matching sides to the sheds I found on Sat., so Monday found me back up there for the afternoon hunt! I quickly found a couple more sheds and one of them was a match to a small 6 that I found on Sat. That set was .53 miles apart on the GPS!!! All the sheds I found were brownies which was awesome and surprisingly a couple were bigger antlers than I was expecting to find there. To top it off, I glassed the flats on my way out Monday night and glassed up a muley shed that was laying in his fresh tracks. I didn't have enough light to give it an honest effort looking for the match, but I'll be back ;) Here's a bunch of pics, they are all ATL and are a mix of Sat. and Mon. pics. Thanks, JIM>

shedhunt2010051.jpg

shed10014.jpg

shedhunt2003.jpg

shedhunt2011.jpg

shedhunt2010.jpg

shedhunt2010059.jpg

shed10028.jpg

shedhunt2025.jpg

shedhunt2028.jpg

shedhunt2021.jpg

shedhunt2022.jpg

shedhunt2010063.jpg

shedhunt2042.jpg

Check out the genetics on these two, if one was white I would've sworn it was the same bull, but both are brown so must be brothers! These sheds were about 100 yards apart so you can imagine my excitement at thinking I found the match then realizing it was the same side! :angry: :P

shedhunt2056.jpg

And here's the last pic I got of Drake before he jumped off this ledge onto a cactus pile that he obviously thought was a boulder, I then learned he won't fit in my backpack and is a lot heavier than I thought! He's still sore but OK now.

Drake1-1.jpg

shedhunt2068.jpg

nice

Nice finds Jim!! Glad your dog is ok, wow, what an adventure. Julie jumps off ledges all the time and luckily she hasn't landed in a pile of cactus, although she has a clump of small cactus spines in her shoulder right now that we can't get out without pulling out her hair too.

Amanda

Awesome finds there Jim! Those bulls must be brothers and I could definately see why you thought you had the match. Looks like a really good couple of days shed hunting. Glade that your dog is ok too.

nice adventure! wish iwas closer to the white mountains so i can shed hunt. i have to wait couple more weeks to go out looking for deer sheds