Santana Outdoors

Indian Ruins

Here is a couple more from BG this week...........I'm still saying ancient aliens! That's my uncle Bob...who knows more about the BG and Agua Prieta than I could in 10 life times!

post-414-0-84746000-1399857620_thumb.jpg

post-414-0-09540400-1399857824_thumb.jpg

post-414-0-63137000-1399857902_thumb.jpg

Looks like eagle eye in aguila

Has anyone found a petroglyph in Arizona that looks like an elk?

Seems to me that if we had Merriam elk in any numbers, early Native Americans would have left images everywhere we have elk now. As far as my limited research can tell, only one such image has been found.

The archaeologist who found it near Grasshopper on the White Mountain Apache Reservation claims it shows an elk, but the antlers on on the animal on the "rock drawing" are bifurcated and look like a mule deer's to me.

Bill Quimby

I've been waiting all my time (30+ years) in AZ to see an formally undocumented prehistoric ruin. Finally I found one with a little help from a friend.

post-4523-0-34293900-1446495359_thumb.jpg

post-4523-0-01546100-1446495382_thumb.jpg

post-4523-0-56271300-1446495400_thumb.jpg

To the right of my gloved hand you can see a hand print in the blackened plaster that is a little smaller than mine. I wear a size large glove usually. This room was blackened from floor to where the ceiling was. Sacred Kiva room would be my guess. It had one door, the one you can see in the prior picture.

post-4523-0-17367200-1446496421_thumb.jpg

Looking into the Kiva room from the one door. There was probably a foot of debris from the ceiling and fallen walls on the floor. Many of the doors had wood in this type of shape. Amazing. The holes in the far wall were for the ceiling main beams.

Another room actually had two small parts of the ceiling intact enough to see the main beams and the diagonal sticks on which the plaster floor was laid.

This thread has been great and I am glad I was able to finally contribute.

• Like 4

I know of 1 up in the Bradshaws southwest of Mayer that I ran across hunting a few years ago. It looks like a rock outcropping from far, but when you get up there the rock outcropping has been built up and fortified with stacked stone walls and such. I didn't get pictures which I regret.

• Like 1

I know of 1 up in the Bradshaws southwest of Mayer that I ran across hunting a few years ago. It looks like a rock outcropping from far, but when you get up there the rock outcropping has been built up and fortified with stacked stone walls and such. I didn't get pictures which I regret.

Was it on a bend of the Agua Fria? Sounds like East Fort.

No Sir. It isn't on a river. It is in the hills south-southwest of town.

It isn't anything super cool like the buildings some have posted, just some stacked stone walls. If you are really interested in checking it out I can PM you directions or a GPS coordinate or something.

Thank you everyone for sharing very cool

• Like 1

We found these on our late elk hunt a few weeks ago in 22N. I love this stuff. So cool having a connection to the past like this. Hunting areas that people did so many years ago.

post-5812-0-93230900-1482813474_thumb.jpg

post-5812-0-99949000-1482813587_thumb.jpg

post-5812-0-68904600-1482813641_thumb.jpg

post-5812-0-56254300-1482813682_thumb.jpg

post-5812-0-91265000-1482814034_thumb.jpg

post-5812-0-32102500-1482814075_thumb.jpg

I've been waiting all my time (30+ years) in AZ to see an formally undocumented prehistoric ruin. Finally I found one with a little help from a friend.

attachicon.gifRuin 1.jpg

attachicon.gifRuin 3.jpg

attachicon.gifRuin Hand Print.jpg

To the right of my gloved hand you can see a hand print in the blackened plaster that is a little smaller than mine. I wear a size large glove usually. This room was blackened from floor to where the ceiling was. Sacred Kiva room would be my guess. It had one door, the one you can see in the prior picture.

attachicon.gifRuin Kiva 2.JPG

Looking into the Kiva room from the one door. There was probably a foot of debris from the ceiling and fallen walls on the floor. Many of the doors had wood in this type of shape. Amazing. The holes in the far wall were for the ceiling main beams.

Another room actually had two small parts of the ceiling intact enough to see the main beams and the diagonal sticks on which the plaster floor was laid.

This thread has been great and I am glad I was able to finally contribute.

This place is really cool! There is a main drip of water coming off the entrance from above. It really helped to cool the place off in the summer. I wonder if it was there when you went?