coues4u

Trapper

you obviously dont know anything about trapping cats..

i know your refering to that previous post but there is absolutley no way that cat lost its foot in a trap

you obviously dont know anything about trapping cats..

i know your refering to that previous post but there is absolutley no way that cat lost its foot in a trap

Mind educating us?

Ya you are right I don't know anything about trapping, I'm a HUNTER not a Trapper. But I saw that pic of the lion missing a rear right foot and figured that it lost it in a trap

i've never seen a lion lose a whole foot in a trap, but i've seen a lotta toes. also seen em caught by back feet several times. i've seen em that if they woulda got loose, they woulda lost their foot, if they didn't die from it. also know of at least one bear that lost his nuts in a trap. even seen the trap that still had his bag in it. that had to be one sad bear. i don't know it all about trappin' lions, but do have enough experience to know i'd never say that there was no way it could happen. one thing that could make me agree it didn't lose it in a trap tho is the fact that ya can't hardly legally trap a lion anymore. Lark.

Our family trapped for years until they outlawed it on public land. We also have a friend that traps every year on the SC Reservation. We have all hung lions in traps. Like Lark said you may get a toe or two from them, but you will never get a foot. Lions are strong they almost always will pull free, if not they actually break the trap and get free. Leg hold traps that are used are not that big (by law) and cannot handle a big cat. I have seen fox and coyotes chew there foot off to get away but have never seen a cat do it, bobcat or lion. That is my opinion on my experiences with trapping.

Brian

I remember a photo posted on here of a lion in a leg hold trap.I think it came from Amanda.

reason i didnt like it was from a leg hold was becuase

1- cat dont general chew off thier feet

2- youll never snare a big cat on its hind foot.

Thats my .02 on it