Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

3 1/2 weeks in Zimbabwe.... I made it back!

Let me start by Saying it was as Amazing Trip... but I have Never been happier to be home... :wub:

Well no trip would be complete without a lil' drama... Made it all the way to Jo-burg South Africa.... and Ron ( the friend I was videoing for & hunting with) did not show up for our connecting flight to Harare, Zim... Lucky me we did not discuss the "plan B" for that so I had No idea who or if anyone would be waiting for me at the airport, in Zim or not... Buzz, our PH & co-owner of CM Safaris, said my eyes were as big as saucers as entered the terminal.... :blink: :lol: Ron arrived the next day but with no Ammo or clothing... we had to wait in Harare one extra day.... Ugg! <_< It rained a bit those first 2 days.... and the B&B we stayed at was fantastic and quaint.... It is a different world there... folks live behind compound like walls & gates... but it seems very peacful there and we never felt uncomfortable in any way, but there is a distinct line between those who have money and those that don't. After all the baggage issues were sorted out the Harare staff loaded our gear along with some resupplies for the camps on the Land Cruiser and off the the Zambezi Valley we went! I'd like to note that in that Valley we passed through 5-6 (or more) hunting areas.... and even strayed across the border into Mozambique one day and never in 3 1/2 weeks did I see a fence or a gate.... all the game came and went as it pleased as some of my story will later illustrate..... ;)

post-996-1273409746.jpg

post-996-1273409890.jpg

post-996-1273410019.jpg

post-996-1273410170.jpg

post-996-1273410209.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Eric. We managed to bring home over 25 hours of raw video footage and over 3000 still photos.... I am having a heck of a time sorting through the pics... HaHa!

• Like 1

Welcome back Gino!! It was nice seeing you and Tina yesterday at Jeremy's! Thanks for taking the time to come by even though I know you were exhausted!

Thanks for sharing some pics already! If you can keep them a little larger and not sized down so much that might be nicer for folks to see more details.

Oaky, Amanda... i was just not sure about how many pics I will end up posting and how space I would be using up....

• Like 1

Oaky, Amanda... i was just not sure about how many pics I will end up posting and how space I would be using up....

One word for ya Gino.........P H O T O B U C K E T ! ! ! ! ! Just get it, load all your photos on it and slap em' all on here in full size and quality........ and hurry up!

Welcome back but don't keep everyone on the edge too long.

I am struggling with this Dam Photobucket Crap... Might be quittin' pretty quick, If I don't figure it out!

• Like 1