Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Experience 4 All

Amanda Moors aka "KILLER"

No, it's not like good ice or even lake ice, but it is about the best you can do in Az if you don't live next to the rink.

And if you get good blades and find a street where the pavers knew their business you can flat fly. At one point for several years I was doing 50 to 100 miles a week on blades - my knees can't handle running anymore.

But yes, ice hockey is my favorite sport and I have played my whole life. I actually haven't skated in a couple years since they shut down the rink in Tucson. Guess the tournament will be pretty hard on me since it's almost impossible to be in good hockey shape without playing hockey!

Ahhhhhh just like riding a bike Amanda! Once your on the ice instinct takes over, but yeah, you'll be sucking some wind! :lol: Your talent is limitless :P Way to go!!! Have fun!

You sound like you write from experience Ilene. Do you play?

Oh No! Not on ice any way.... 3 sport athlete in Jr College then Basketball here at NAU a very very long time ago!!! :lol:

To all the CW.com hockey team supporters, here is the schedule for Killer and her team. See you all there and remember to wear your CW.com shirts. Here is what I got from Amanda.

Memorial Day weekend Hockey Schedule

I am coaching one team and skating for another. The team I am skating for is called the So. Cal. Yard Sale. Here is the schedule for that team. I will put in directions to each rink at the end of this.

Time Rink Division Home Team Visiting Team

Friday May 28th

11:45 PM Chandler-North Women-1 Calgary Blazers (Blue) So. Cal. Yard Sale (Gray)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

4:50 PM Chandler-North Women-1 So. Cal. Yard Sale (Gray) Vancouver Renegades (Orange)

Sunday, May 30, 2010

1:20 PM Ice Den-Ice Den Women-1 So. Cal. Yard Sale (Gray) Calgary Canadian Loonies (Black)

Monday, May 31, 2010

1:30 PM Ice Den-Ice Den Women-1 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 1st Place vs. Winner Game #139

The team that I am coaching (not skating, just coaching) is called the Tucson Chilly Peppers and has the following schedule:

Time Rink Division Home Team Visiting Team

Friday May 28th

9:50 PM Arcadia Women-3 Tucson Chilly Peppers (White) Peoria Chix With Stix (Blue)

Sat. May 29

7:30 PM Chandler-North Women-3 Pikes Peak Posse 2 (Green) Tucson Chilly Peppers (White)

Sunday May 30

4:00 PM Chandler-South Women-3 Los Angeles Chill (White) Tucson Chilly Peppers (Blue)

Monday May 31

8:30 AM Ice Den-Coyotes Women-3 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 1st Place vs. 2nd Place

Rink directions:

Ice Den - Ice Den, 9375 E. Bell Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85260. (480) 585-7465. Take 101 Fwy. north to Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. Continue north on access road to Bell Rd. Turn right at Bell Rd. Rink is about 1/2 mile on right. Ice Den has two surfaces (Coyotes rink & Ice Den rink)

Chandler - Polar Ice - Chandler, 7225 W. Harrison St., Chandler, AZ 85226. (480) 598-9400. From Phoenix, take I-10 east (toward Tucson) to Chandler area (about 5 miles from airport). Exit at Ray Road. Turn left on Ray Road, go two lights to 54th St. Turn right on 54th St. Rink is about 1/4 mile on left side at Harrison St. From Scottsdale, take Loop 101 south to Rt. 60 (Superstition Freeway). Take the Superstition Fwy. west to I-10. Take I-10 east (toward Tucson) to Ray Road exit. Chandler has two surfaces, North Pole and South Pole.

Arcadia - Arcadia Ice Arena, 3853 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85018. (602) 957-9966. Enter off of Thomas Road at 38th St.

Park either in front of the shopping center or behind the rink. Take Loop 202 to 40th St. exit. Go north on 40th St.

to Thomas Road. Go left on Thomas, then a left into the shopping center.

Midnight Game :blink: Holy Cow, I was sound asleep at midnight.... You go Girl, that alone would kill me. :unsure:

Thanks for all the kind comments guys! The team I skated for didn't get into the final game, but the team I coached did (they were in different divisions). We almost won....but lost 3-2. Still not bad at all considering that team hasn't had any ice time to practice on in a year! They really did play well! And I had a blast being on the ice again. I think I am going to have to get back into it again.