CouesWhitetail

Wild Heritage Taxidermy

I had the pleasure of going up to Young last week for a workshop and was invited by Dale and Heather of Wild Heritage Taxidermy to come on by and see the shop and stay for dinner (thanks Dale and Heather!). Anyway, we had a great dinner but what I wanted to share with you was some pictures of Dale's work and also to let you know that Dale has entered a taxidermy contest that is coming up in a couple weeks in PHX.

Dale has decided not to do a "show piece" just for the competition. Instead he will be using the work he is doing for some clients. This should be a true test of his "everyday" taxidermy skills. If you can win using your everday work, then that reflects very well on a taxidermist. Dale is still working on the pieces as we speak! He has some great ideas for them too and I can't wait to see the results.

Dale spends a lot of time customizing forms for his customers. One of the mounts he will enter is a giant black bear for which there was no skull form large enough. So he had to make the skull much larger than usual to match the clients bear.

here is a pic of him holding the skull form that he modified and he and my hubby are looking at the bear form and talking about Dale's ideas for the mount.

post-1-1274713196_thumb.jpg

Here are some mounts he has already completed but I don't think are going in the competition:

post-1-1274713261.jpg

post-1-1274713245.jpg

post-1-1274713254_thumb.jpg

post-1-1274713234_thumb.jpg

and here are some forms he is customizing:

post-1-1274713275.jpg

a coati form

post-1-1274713305.jpg

And here is a pic of Dale and Heather with a lion that is going to the competition:

post-1-1274713339_thumb.jpg

Info on the competition:

The Arizona Taxidermy Artists Association will be having its annual competition June 10-12, 2010. It is open to the public from 8am - 4 pm, Sat. June 12. It is at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West @ I-10 and 51st Ave.

For more info: http://www.taxidermyataa.com/

If you can go and support Dale and Heather, please do! We may even have some of our other taxidermy sponsors entering the competition. And of course you will see some great taxidermy work, so this might be a great way to find your next taxidermist :)

Good Luck Dale!

Been meaning to stop by but have been busy.... Please post some pics of Katie, Amber, and Savannah's bucks when you have them done.....

One of the mounts he will enter is a giant black bear for which there was no skull form large enough. So he had to make the skull much larger than usual to match the clients bear.

The hide is going on the bear today...I'll post some pics as we go..

Thanks for sharing. Your work looks really good and thanks for your sponsorship. :)

TJ

LOOKS GREAT DALE SEE YOU AT THE SHOW ITS GONNA BE A BLAST.

Double Buck, are you going to be competing in the show too? It would be nice to meet you.

LOOKS GREAT DALE SEE YOU AT THE SHOW ITS GONNA BE A BLAST.

Double Buck, are you going to be competing in the show too? It would be nice to meet you.

yes ill be there also. ill also be setting up my comp. mounts at the ADAA banquet on jun 5th. Hope to see you there. That would be great to finally meet you heard alot of good things, take care.

Good Luck Dale!

Been meaning to stop by but have been busy.... Please post some pics of Katie, Amber, and Savannah's bucks when you have them done.....

Gino,

I need to take some better ones but here are a few of Katie's, she changed it to a wall ped.

post-3674-1275454754.jpg

post-3674-1275454634.jpg

I think that will look good on the wall, Dale. ;) Good pics of that would be on the south wall of your shop! Can't wait to see more....

Gino, Here's another of Katie's buck...Still having problems with the camera, I lost the new one.....

post-3674-1275539225_thumb.jpg

Working on the bear habitat, finish work not done yet.....

post-3674-1275539826.jpg

post-3674-1275539975_thumb.jpg

And a Coues that we're taking to the show, just mounted no finish work done yet, will go on a custom pedestal.

post-3674-1275540114_thumb.jpg

post-3674-1275540243_thumb.jpg

We made it to Phx in one piece. Hauling these mounts out of Young in a box trailer is enough to fry anyones nerves. The Judge is in with the mounts as I type this but we will not have results till tomorrow I think. If you are in Phx area come by there are some great mounts here it will be open to the public from 1pm - 4pm on Sat. 51st ave and the I10. Holiday Inn. We will post pictures when we get home Sun. or Mon.