WHALE

CWT Bass Tourney

Fishing Tourney Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a CWT fishing tournament this summer?

• Yes, if I can make it, I will be there!
    • No, it's too hot, let's wait until next spring
    • No, I think CWT shouldn't have a fishing tournament
  2. 2. Where would you like to have the tournament?

• A night tourney at Roosevelt Lake
    • A night tourney at San Carlos Lake
    • Day tournament at Roosevelt Lake
    • Day tournatment at San Carlos Lake
  3. 3. Should we have it in July or August?

• July!
    • August
  4. 4. Do you want to include catfish or should it just be for bass?

• Yes include Catfish
    • No, just bass
    • Only catfish!
  5. 5. Would you be fishing from a boat or from shore?

• Boat
    • Shore

You sure do find a lot of ways to get on the lake in the off season!
Huntin & Fishin Baby!!!! or you could say Coues&Bass (nice name by the way).

Amanda what ya think?

Sounds like a great idea to me. I was out of town for a couple days and didn't see your posts until now. There may be some legal issues with using it to raise money for the site (az gambling law issue maybe?), but I can check into that. Even if we can't use it to raise money for the site, I think it's a great idea for a fun get together and maybe we can use it to raise money for a nonprofit like Outdoor Experience 4 All or the AZ Deer Association.

Thanks for the suggestion. Of course, one of the rules would have to be you can't win unless you have a CouesWhitetail.com sticker on your boat before you start fishing!! :) LOL!

amanda, nothing illegal we get a permit. you pay back a percentage. 80/20 70/30 or what ever you feel like. it would definatly raise some money for the site. summer nights is good also. jim

Really easy for a bunch of folks to get together and have a "friendly" tourney.... and a "side pot" that doesn't exist can be over looked.... I've been told that organizing a Tournament gets pricy cuz every Gov. agency out there wants a piece of the "action".... plus Insurances, etc.... so as I was told..... ;)

I'd play if it was a catfish tourney...LOL! ;)

sancarlos doesnt even require a permit. we can make up a waiver form to sign that doesnt hold anybody responsable. or just meet up and have

I'd play if it was a catfish tourney

Looks like Gino is nominated to run the barbecue and man the ice chest :lol:

I personnally hate any type of tourney for the same reason I'm not to found of most guides. When you're on the lake most fishing tourney fishermen will run right in front of you just because they think they have a right to cut you off fishing a shore line and then blast off with their big motors with no respect to the other boaters in the area. It frustrates my a$$ and the same with some guides who feel they have a right to take their clients in on a water hole when you already got there first.

Now with that said I do like a friendly wager once in a while. I know I can beat most of you guys at catching the biggest and most fish so it wouldn't be right if I took everyones money so I'ld be better left ashore to tend to the ice chest and the cooking. lol Let's get it on! :D

TJ

I personnally hate any type of tourney for the same reason I'm not to found of most guides. When you're on the lake most fishing tourney fishermen will run right in front of you just because they think they have a right to cut you off fishing a shore line and then blast off with their big motors with no respect to the other boaters in the area. It frustrates my a$$ and the same with some guides who feel they have a right to take their clients in on a water hole when you already got there first.

Now with that said I do like a friendly wager once in a while. I know I can beat most of you guys at catching the biggest and most fish so it wouldn't be right if I took everyones money so I'ld be better left ashore to tend to the ice chest and the cooking. lol Let's get it on! :D

TJ

Didn't mean to scare everyone off. :lol: :lol: ;)

TJ