Sign in to follow this  
Huntaholic

Antlers I've found while hunting

Here's some of the antlers I've found while out deer and elk hunting. I've never really been strictly shed hunting. I like looking for horns that are still attached. I'm thinking on getting rid of these because I don't have anywhere to put them but don't know if anyone would want old horn that someone else found.

post-2491-1275412319.jpg

Coues

post-2491-1275412324.jpg

Muley

post-2491-1275412329.jpg

Elk(duh!)

post-2491-1275412335.jpg

I know CRB will probably be happy to take them - he has a VERY impressive antler collection.

If I decide to get rid of them I'm going to just give them away for free. Doubt I could get much money out of them even if I tried. Coach your right about CRB he has already contacted me about the coues sheds. Even though they just lay around in my storage shed collecting dust and none of them are all that big I'm still having a tough time letting them go. I can remember where and when I found each one and it brings back some memories of past hunts. If I can't come up with a way to use them in some way then they'll have to go.

I'll take them.... we have 2 places and use them as yard decor, but I'd probly like to try to trade you something for them.... would not really want to just take them from you... If you let them go just let me know.

Thanks.

You have a very nice collection there and it reminds me of the ones I have collected over the years. My new puppy has been chewing on a few of mine and I have decided I'm going to let her chew up my entire collection. Don't know what else to do with them. Maybe she will turn into a shed hunter. Thanks for posting. :)

TJ

Sorry guys I think I found a way to put them to use I'll post a pic when I'm finished with what I plan on doing with them. Tjhunt2 I also had a dog that chewed up quite a few of my sheds but it was my fault because I trained him to find them. He was pretty good at it. When he found his 1st shed out in the hills he wouldn't give it to me so I had to let him keep it. Too bad because it was a pretty good 3 point muley and after a few days of chewing it was nothing but a big spike.