SuperiorBowHunter

New Bow Hoyt Carbon Matrix.....

hey guys well my bow was stolen from my house and i had the the hoyt trykon the 75th edition and so the insurance company is going to replace the stuff thank god for allstate, but i know that the Carbon Matrix is crazy expensive but what do you all think would you all get it if you could afford it bc dang that is probably the bow of all bows right now.... althought the maxxis is good to and would have no problem with it. I think that bc the matrix is supposed to be in limited supply, my mind wants something that very few have but that is bad thinking...Well what do you all think?

Depends on what you like... it is light... and it is fast! I tried it side by side with the Maxxis 35 and chose the Maxxis... however ,I'd pobably choose the Matrix over the Maxxis 31... but that is just me. ;) :lol: :lol: Go shoot them all... but get some weight on them don't shoot just the bare bow IMO....

Sorry to here you were robbed.... <_< ... good luck with the new bow! :)

You asked for opinions so here is mine. If you bought any high quality bow on the market and put the time in tuning and practicing with it you would probably arrive at very similar results. If having something that very few people are willing to pay for gives you a warm fuzzy feeling then go for it. My only advise would be to become proficient with that expensive bow or you might look like the guy who struts into the bowling alley with his hand crafted Italian shoes and a custom ball encrusted with diamonds in order to bowl a 105 average. It kind of reminds me of my first bike ride with my buddy Matt. He was riding a mountain bike from the first year they were invented and I was riding a road bike that had a water bottle holder worth more than his whole set up. After he left my butt in the dust I felt like giant douche, and realized that specialized gear does not do much except to for the few who can actually get everything out of the equipment that it has to offer. There will always be guys with inferior bows who will outshoot you, and guys with better set ups that aren't worth a lick. I would worry more about practicing than what bow you are shooting.

You asked for opinions so here is mine. If you bought any high quality bow on the market and put the time in tuning and practicing with it you would probably arrive at very similar results. If having something that very few people are willing to pay for gives you a warm fuzzy feeling then go for it. My only advise would be to become proficient with that expensive bow or you might look like the guy who struts into the bowling alley with his hand crafted Italian shoes and a custom ball encrusted with diamonds in order to bowl a 105 average. It kind of reminds me of my first bike ride with my buddy Matt. He was riding a mountain bike from the first year they were invented and I was riding a road bike that had a water bottle holder worth more than his whole set up. After he left my butt in the dust I felt like giant douche, and realized that specialized gear does not do much except to for the few who can actually get everything out of the equipment that it has to offer. There will always be guys with inferior bows who will outshoot you, and guys with better set ups that aren't worth a lick. I would worry more about practicing than what bow you are shooting.

[/quote

+1

Dam that Rooster Envy!! :blink: :rolleyes: :lol: :P

What ever you do DON"T go buy a New Chevy Duramax Fully Loaded.... Espcially if it is a 4 door, leather interior, kickin' stereo, with big wheels & tires, and lifted, with a moon roof.... :blink: You will look like, "Mr diamond inlayed bowling ball, bowler guy with all the rings" !! :blink: :rolleyes: Blaaaah Ba bla! :lol: :lol:

Shoot them all and buy the one you like... there will always be haters cuz you have the cash in hand to buy the best.... :rolleyes: If you find a cheap bow that shoots the best then you can spend the rest of your money on the bowling ball!! ;) :P

Have fun test driving all those new bows... it can be lots of fun! ;)

Shoot them all and buy the one you like...

That's the best advice you could get. Shoot them all, get the one YOU!! like (not your buddy).

Not sure if the carbon is worth the $$......

I have shot it and would not spend the money on it if the money was given to me. Its a great bow but what do you get for that much money? It's not that fast really. And it's not much lighter ether. And IMO The Maxxis or Alfaburner shot and felt as good or better then it does. But thats for you the decide. Shoot them all its what you like not what we like. But stick with a Hoyt! LOL! :P

I shot them all and in the end i went with the hoyt alpha burner. it felt the best and shot the best for me. as a few other people have already said it isnt worth the extra money just to look cool. take the extra cash and buy the top equipment for your bow or save the extra to put towards quality optics.

i know crazy huh a guy would want something better then the guy next to him with all the latest gear! Wow you never hear that story! Doesn't mean i am "ALL AIRPORT TEAM"... I really was being honest how cool would it be to have something that was limited edition, am i the only one that really thinks that way? Anyway what i was asking is if anyone had shot the Matrix and thought that it was worth the money because everything that i read says that this bow the guys say that this is like the next coming of jesus practically! So, i was wondering if any of you had shot it and felt the same!

And every bodies opinion it going to be considered! Thanks guys as always you never seem to disapoint with stirring people in the right direction.

Depends on what you like... it is light... and it is fast! I tried it side by side with the Maxxis 35 and chose the Maxxis... however ,I'd pobably choose the Matrix over the Maxxis 31... but that is just me. ;) :lol: :lol: Go shoot them all... but get some weight on them don't shoot just the bare bow IMO....

Sorry to here you were robbed.... <_< ... good luck with the new bow! :)

Whatchugot against the Maxxis 31 bro? :angry: :P I love mine and after shooting Mathews for many years it still feels weird for me to say that I love my Hoyt....but it's a fact.

I love my Hoyts, I have the Ultratec and Protec. I really like the looks of the Strothers bows though. Would like to try one out.

Ron

i have nothing against the Maxxis , it will be my next purchase if i dont get the Matrix! But like i said its just all the talk about the Matrix has got me all excited! But let me just ask you all this question? If someone else is picking up the tab would you guys get this bow? That is the situation that i am in thank god for insurance! That is all i am saying! And bc i havent had the chance to shot them yet i was looking for some info before i went into the shop and had the shock and uhhh happen to me and buy just on emotions! you guys know what i mean that is why i turn to you all for help with all my question. you guys havent stirred me wrong yet! sorry for my spelling it sucks i know lol....

Jeremy has the Chasin' a Dream Demo Carbon Matrix shooting over 300 fps with an arrow that is well over 400 gr.... and it is a shooter.... heck yeah if it shoots for you and you like Buy it!! It is the coolest bow on any rack right now.... and they are selling!! If not you won't be disapointed with the Maxxis or the Alphamax.... ;)

It sounds like a few on this thread have shot it and went with something else. Everyone has given you good advice. Shoot what feels best to you, after all, you'll be the one shooting it, not us. That bow does look awesome, but that would'nt be my deciding factor on a puchase.

here is my problem when i went to shot them all I AM LEFT HANDED. so i had to shoot right handed bows to get the feel of them. i went to the alpha burner because it felt the smoothest, it was quiet and the speed is awesome. i love that i can go to a 425 grain arrow at 310-315 fps or shoot a 350 grain arrow pushing the high 330's. i have decided to meet in the middle with weight so i have more then enough penetration and flatness. but as before everyone is different when it comes to feel of a bow and the only way to find out if it is for you is to go down there and lay out the bows you are interested in and shoot a few arrows through them and make your decision from there.