Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

Whitetail Cape

I need a whitetail cape to mount a buck i shot in '06. Does anyone know where i can buy one or do any of you have one that i could buy??

Thx, Cody

Mount-n-view ( not sure of the spelling but you get the idea...) Taxidermy in Flagstaff probably has some....

Mark

also what do u guys think is a fair price?

I guess that depends on how much you need it, Im not really sure on a price though. August will be here before you know it so im sure there will be somebody here that doesnt need their cape and If I get one and dont need it you can have it for nothing.

I'm with Bonecollector. If you can wait until this fall you can have one of ours. I won't be mounting any deer for quite some time.

The value of the cape also depends on what size buck it came off of, what season it was (summer vs winter), how it was stored and for how long has it been stored, if there is damage from skinning and if the cape is tubed or cut down the back.

As taxidermists we are always looking to buy surplus capes. If you have Questions on how to get the most for your extra capes please feel free to give us a call.

Dale

928-238-0097