Sign in to follow this  
SDHunter11

Zone 6 California Bighorn

I just found out I got drawn for zone 6 in the sheephole mountains for bighorn here in CA! This was my first year putting in out here and I got lucky. I was wondering if anyone had any experience out in this area for bighorn, or knew of any good guides around this area. The zone is near 29 Palms.

Thanks in advance for any info on the area/hunt.

Congrats on drawing a tag. Looks like your work is just starting. Let us know how it goes. When is the hunt?

The hunt is Dec 4th through Feb 6th. It should be a very fun and challenging hunt!

SD.......Congrats. on a great tag! All of us here in Calif are hoping to pull one of those sheep tags in our lifetime. I would give Don Anderson (805 466-3240) of Anderson Taxidermy and Guide Service a call. That guy can flat out find BIG animals. Be it Big Sheep, Giant Coues Deer or Monster Bears, Don will not steer you wrong. Good luck with your Sheep Hunt......Jim

3 words...Dry Creek Outfitters.

I met Tim and Cliff up on the mountain on an elk hunt a few years back. Great guys! I would certainly call them if you even slightly consider hiring someone to help.

Good Luck,

Nick

http://www.bighornoutfitter.com/