Dodge66

What maps do you Use?

I moved back form Oregon, out there we had Rams Maps that you could Buy that would tell you evey Road wash and trail out in a Unit.

Is there any good Maps like this for Az. I use google earth for pre scout I know they sell the Topago maps online for Like 30 plus Shipping?

Just wanted to know if they are worth it. Im hunting a New area this year and will be heading out alot but just wanted a map for Ref..

I love using National Geographics TOPO! program. You can buy all of AZ for like $100 and it gives you 5 scales of maps including the 1:24000 topo maps. You can map out waypoints and upload and download to your GPS. And you can print out maps centered anywhere so that you don't have to buy a bunch of topos.

Then I use USFS maps to look at land ownership if I need to.

National Geographic software works good, and you get maps of the whole state. Just print the area you want. That's what I use and I am sure others on here will give you some good info as well....

• Like 1

Thanks for the Info Guys I'm looking into the site.... Going to order some Soon...

Is it my understanding that they are not compatible with the Garmin units???? At least that's what I've been told. :(

With the Nat Geo software I own, you can not upload directly to the Garmin GPS. You can download from the Garmin though, to get you tracks and waypoints that you have saved.

• Like 1

You can get topo maps at the USGS office. They have an overlay of the hunting units so that you get the correct map. Cheap too....

I'm a old hold-out, I still like my 7.5 min maps. I like to learn the country and pencil in what I learn, write notes on the back (mostly to remind me of what the heck that waypoint is marking). I like to study them in my living room before I head out on a scout to plan my travels to make the most of time and gas.

I'm a old hold-out, I still like my 7.5 min maps. I like to learn the country and pencil in what I learn, write notes on the back (mostly to remind me of what the heck that waypoint is marking). I like to study them in my living room before I head out on a scout to plan my travels to make the most of time and gas.

You can do all that without buying 7.5 min maps. You can print out whatever map you like from your software and make notes on it and/or put your notes into your map on the computer so they are saved there in case the one you wrote on gets trashed.

http://www.expertgps.com/

free trail download.

not only does it do Topo maps it also switches instantly to aerial photos.

I uninstalled my Nat Geo and Delorme topo software and use this exclusively.

Nat Geo and Delorme are state by state...expert GPS is every topo and aerial photo in the country for $60 and they have free upgrades.

free trail download.

Nat Geo and Delorme are state by state...expert GPS is every topo and aerial photo in the country for $60 and they have free upgrades.

That sounds interesting, I have found some discrepancies between Delorme and Topo, maybe a third source would provide some confirmation.

free trail download.

I've heard good things about this software and would like to try it, but I have a Mac.

I paid like 20 bucks for 4 1:100,000 topo's at the Forest service office. Cheap and they last a while.