Sign in to follow this  
NitroAZ

Sick Coues Doe

I rolled up on this sick doe yesterday. I can only speculate what was wrong with her, It was sad to see. Times like this it would be nice if we were allowed to do a mercy killing.

Here is a link to the video

i know what ya mean. it's hard to say it, but i think gameholler needs put down. he's tried suicide, but all he has is a 7mm/08. Lark.

Hate to even say it but she is showing some symptoms that I've heard are common to Chronic Wasting Disease. God I hope she doesn't have that. It would be nice for G&F to test her.

Lee

I would a put her down. Hate to see an animal suffer. I've called G&f before on an animal and waited. Nobody ever showed up. A buddy of mine recently called G&F on a jvelina. The lady at game and fish If it is still there tomarrow we may send someone. Guess what they didn't come the next day either.

Amanda, who did you contact? I was going to speak with someone at Tuc G&F.

I sent it to Jim Heffelfinger (he is in the Tucson office) and Brian Wakeling (PHX office). Feel free to contact whoever at Tucson AGFD. I am very sure they would like to know.

that is sad....

it's days are #d

a predator will take advantage of her.

James

NitroAZ gave AGFD the info on the location of the doe and AGFD went out to find her yesterday. They did find her, she was dead. Apparently she had a dead fawn inside her that rotted and the infection from that is likely what killed her.

Thanks to Nitro for reporting this promptly and for the time and effort AGFD put into it. The poor doe...it was a sad thing to see....

Glad it wasn't CWD. From the video, it looked bad. Thanks go out to Nitro and Amanda for contacting AZGFD. But, many thanks go to AZGFD for following up so quickly!

Glad it wasn't CWD. From the video, it looked bad. Thanks go out to Nitro and Amanda for contacting AZGFD. But, many thanks go to AZGFD for following up so quickly!

+1 :)

TJ

Just a little closure on this. After calling the Tucson office of G&F, they put me in contact with Martin Guerena the unit manager. After we spoke he ran out to the area, after looking for a short time he located the doe which had died about 50 yards from where I had last seen her. As he walked up on her he noticed a fox eating on her as well as a few vultures. After inspecting her he found what seemed to be a close to full term fawn in her. He says the fawn had been dead inside of her for quite some time. As the fetus rotted this a number of problems for the doe including neurological issues which explains some of her odd behavior. Too sad!!!!

BTW, I was very impressed with how the Dept handled this, from their rapid response to the follow up call I received from Martin.

Keith