loco4coues

Hunting out of a blind

37 minutes ago, Elkhunter1 said:

I have three days worth of video, (about 8 gigs) with Coues deer in it before I finally took my biggest buck. My blind was put up Sunday morning and only took it down after I killed him, I didn't brush it in either.

That’s was good video and a great shot. But every buck had your Blind pegged. 

I’ve only killed one coues deer out of a blind but it was brushed in 2 weeks prior and no deer ever looked AT it twice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

I’ve only killed one coues deer out of a blind but it was brushed in 2 weeks prior and no deer ever looked AT it twice. 

Yeah it looked like they did not like it one bit.

Years ago sitting in a blind had my oldest daughter with me, she was like 8 at the time.  Had a buck come in and needed him to take one more step. At the same time we could here someone on horseback coming down a nearby trail. As his head locked on to the sound it slowly turned following it and as the steps went around behind us you could see his demeanor completely change when he saw the black opening of the blind. He turned around and walked away. It was heartbreaking, would have been my biggest buck at the time.  The blind was kind of brushed in, just not that well.

5 hours ago, oz31p said:

That buck is my second out of the blind, but fifth year using them. I missed a couple.  I had camo netting over it the first day, but with the breeze the deer didn't like the noise it made so I removed it that nite.

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

6 more weeks and i'll be sitting in the hot box.

Me too. But only after I exhaust my self chasing antelope around  

• Like 2