Sign in to follow this  
oz31p

balistic calculator of the droid

I got one for my iphone that was called "ballistic calculator" and it is freakin awesome!

I've got the shooter app for droid as well and its pretty good. the only problem I've found is you cant enter in your barrel length.

I too downloaded Shooter on my Droid. I like it. I believe it is worth the 10.00 I spent. It was pretty cool to just point the phone at the target to get the angle. Im looking at a Kestrel weather station that links to it, not quite sold on it yet.

I have been using Shooter for several months and it works great. The auto fill of weather and gps data is very helpful if you have cell coverage at the time. For 10 bucks you can't go wrong. It is amazing how far this technology has come in the 10 years I have been using it. Anybody need the Cheytac Software i have two different versions I no longer need.

I got the shooter app, but havent tried it with my guns yet. It does alot, and has a lot of cool features.

I was out with some friends on an elk hunt last week and the night before opening day we were sitting at camp, and wanted to check the accuracy of the calculatoins that the app would produce. The rifles in question had been sighted in and tested out to at least 700 yards, with all the moa adjustments to go with it.

I made sure to input all the different variables correctly. The muzzle velocities were all correct as well, as the rifles that were tested were shooting reloaded ammo with velocities that did not vary more than 15fps or so from eachother. On the 3 rifles that we were checking it with, none of the information from the shooter app matched what they actually came up with out at the range. It wasnt too far off at closer ranges, but naturally, as the target distance increased, so did the difference in data.

I did not test this on my rifles with my loads, I just got the program, but I was hoping it would have matched alot closer than what it did.

I would definately shoot with it at the range and make sure that it is accurate before trying to take it out on a hunt and confide in it.

There is still a good chance the problem is me, and that im missing something. I am going to continue to play with it and get it figured out. I want the app to work, it does too many cool things. I thought for sure the math from the app would match exactly what they found out sighting in, but maybe there are more variables than can be calculated and accounted for?

The Shooter app looks awesome, I just have a hard time paying for apps (Hey, I'm cheap).

I use the Sterlok Ballistic Calculator app. It's pretty awesome and it's free. It let's you store data for 4 different rifles/loads, you can input different varialbes (temp, elevation, wind, angle, etc.)and you can choose from a ton of different scope reticles to show point of aim.

If shot more at long range I would probably get the Shooter app, but the Sterlok one is pretty cool for a free app.

I got the shooter app, but havent tried it with my guns yet. It does alot, and has a lot of cool features.

I was out with some friends on an elk hunt last week and the night before opening day we were sitting at camp, and wanted to check the accuracy of the calculatoins that the app would produce. The rifles in question had been sighted in and tested out to at least 700 yards, with all the moa adjustments to go with it.

I made sure to input all the different variables correctly. The muzzle velocities were all correct as well, as the rifles that were tested were shooting reloaded ammo with velocities that did not vary more than 15fps or so from eachother. On the 3 rifles that we were checking it with, none of the information from the shooter app matched what they actually came up with out at the range. It wasnt too far off at closer ranges, but naturally, as the target distance increased, so did the difference in data.

I did not test this on my rifles with my loads, I just got the program, but I was hoping it would have matched alot closer than what it did.

I would definately shoot with it at the range and make sure that it is accurate before trying to take it out on a hunt and confide in it.

There is still a good chance the problem is me, and that im missing something. I am going to continue to play with it and get it figured out. I want the app to work, it does too many cool things. I thought for sure the math from the app would match exactly what they found out sighting in, but maybe there are more variables than can be calculated and accounted for?

You need to make the software match your rifle/load by tweeking the BC and the FPS. Chronographs are not always accurate, bullet MFG's advertised BC is sometimes overstated to make their bullets look better than the competition. If you measure FPS when it's 110 degrees and then move to a location that is 70 degrees, the velocity will likely be slower at the cooler temps unless you are using a very temp stable powder.

I was wondering what's a good balistic calculator app for the droid?

Check out Strelok. It seems pretty good. You can save various rifles, along with scope brand and reticle. It will give you a graphic scope picture showing you where to hold based on distance, angle, wind, etc...

Agree with Desert Bull.

Shooter is the best app out there or at least out of the 10 or so I have played with. You must shoot as much as possible the more data and the further out you can shoot the better. After you get your real results you make adjustments under the table output to correct the muzzle velocity so that your turret or hold over adjustments align with the table. So far I have mine pretty dialed in out to 750yds and the hits are extremely repeatable. I have tested it at 200, 300, 400, 500, and 750 next will be out to 1K. Once you start having regular hits at the longer ranges you really begin to trust the calculations based on past positive results.

I did not get a shot at anything but a spike this year so did not shoot at live game. I did have our party all scope out a rock approx 12" at 750yds at the end of our hunt, I got set up across my pack adjusted for wind and hit it dead center first shot. To the guys that dont practice or understand how to dial in your scope it seem like it is magic.

If you practice with good software and equipment it will make you a much better shot. Best $10 I have spent this year.

Bullet drop is what I have on iPhone.. It's great gets u all the way out to 2000yrds if need be ... Lol don't think I will be shooting 2000yrds with a drop of 2240 inch.. Lol

I use Isnipe for the Iphone. It's pretty good IMO. Accounts for spin drift and coriolis. It uses Litz BC numbers on a lot of bullets and backs up to their server online so you never have to worry about losing your data. It also gets the elevation and weather automatically or you can override if you want to.

Good info iSnipe sounds exaclty like Shooter. I still think about switching to the iPhone from the Android but Shooter is one app that had made me decide against it. Now I have options!