I have had a camera out at g&f tank for about 2 months and was starting to get some good activity around it. I was out at the tank on 9-3 and had 19 exposure out of 24, so I figured I would retreive the film this mourning seeing how I was out of town last weekend. I got out there and some bastard low life scum sucking a''hole cut the chain off of the cactus and stoled the film out of it. I guess I should be happy that they didn't take the hole thing but I know I had some good pictures on it. I am going to make it a point to mention it to every one I see out there that the person that did this is a F'N ahole and needs their butt whipped. You just can't trust some people anymore thats a sad thing. :)

That sucks I would be pissed, did you say all they took was the film, at least they didn't take your camera, maybe they did something bad and were caught on film and didn't want nobody to see them. I would set up a second camera and aim it at the first and maybe they will come back and then you will know who it is, or you will have two cameras looted. It does suck that in this day and age you can't trust anybody. Good Luck and God Bless

hunterdude,

I feel your pain except that they took my whole camera this summer. I had it on a tank that had a lot of elk and bear sign around it. It was on a logging road that had a bunch of blow downs across it so you couldn't get a 4-wheeler in. About a mile and a half hike to get to it. Well, someone came in with a chainsaw and cleared the way and their 4-wheeler tracks led right up to the tree my camara was on. Luckily it was a cheap 35mm stealth cam and not a digital but it still really ticked me off. Would like to find that guy and show him a little old fashioned justice. I'm sure that is about how you're feeling right now. Sorry to hear about that.

Hopefully they tripped and sprained their ankle on the way back to their vehicle.

That is a real shame to lose your pics. But I would be thankful they didn't take the whole camera. That is unusual. Haven't heard of just the film being taken before.

Brian, your story is a real bummer. I tend to put cameras out where there is no access, but hadn't thought about someone just making access with a chainsaw!

Amanda

That is a bummer!

Just the film missing is very strange. Bears like the smell of film, but that does not splain the cut chain. :)

The person probably did take the film to cover something that they did which may have been captured on film. Either that, or maybe they want to hunt that area and wanted to see what you caught on film. Thinking about it, the fact that they only took the film might discourage you and give them info all in the same action.

If it was me, I sould put 2 cams with overlapping field of views. That will ensure you capture movement on both and if you are lucky, the perp won't find both of them.

I would agree that someone saw the camera after they had done something wrong and they took the proof with them. All though you would fill that someone that breaks game laws would not have a problem with taking the camera with them. :)

I was out this weekend and had my flueger bag that I keep all my stuff in stolen out of the back of my truck along with a few mags for the 45 and a night vision monocular that I had left in it. I feel your pain but I guess I could have prevented mine from getting tooken by locking it up while I was out hiking

Was it down south, maybe an illegal or group of illegals that were caught on film and thought they better not be identified, or it was just somebody acting stupid and then got their picture taken and didn't want nobody to see, not illegal just stupid. One of our southern neighbors just might have thought they were being tracked or watched, but didn't want to steal your camera, heck they might have thought it was the governments. In any case you still have your camera, and you can take more pictures. I agree that if somebody just wanted to steal the film and had to cut the chain, they would have stolen the whole set up.

I looked around and there doesn't appear to have any illegal activity going on, no blood no hair or shell casing or drag marks, so I think they are probably letting me scout for them. I reloaded the camera for the night and went back this mourning and found that I had 8 new exposures on it so I took it down and moved it to another spot near by. I'll check it next weekend for more pictures. :)

Was it down south, maybe an illegal or group of illegals that were caught on film and thought they better not be identified, or it was just somebody acting stupid and then got their picture taken and didn't want nobody to see, not illegal just stupid. One of our southern neighbors just might have thought they were being tracked or watched, but didn't want to steal your camera, heck they might have thought it was the governments. In any case you still have your camera, and you can take more pictures. I agree that if somebody just wanted to steal the film and had to cut the chain, they would have stolen the whole set up.

It had to be illegals on their new quads with chainsaws covering up some illegal activity. B) :)

how could illegals cut the chain. i have seen them carrying some weird stuff, but never heavy bulky bolt cutters!

If they wanted to get a truck through a locked gate, or get inside of a barn, bolt cutter would be the first thing I would bring if I planned on doing either one of those.

That's what I was thinking DesertBull! :D

Somebody who was emBARE ASSed! :blink:

Someone with "bad" intensions would have taken the whole thing!

I think it was a monster 130'' buck. After the picture was taken he just had to take the film with him. He has some nice little does he plans on seeing in December and couldn't resk not being there. :blink:

Sorry about the film.