Sign in to follow this  
Black Bare

Anybody Hunting AZ Bear this Week?

Anyone planning to brave the heat and chase bears Friday? I've got my binos, sunscreen, and snake boots ready to go... My wife thinks I'm nuts... maybe I am.

Anybody enjoy the august bear hunt?

I'm going to go glass the morning. I haven't seen any in scouting though. Got one on a cam on one day last week but he was a little feller and only passed that way once.

best time of the year to hunt. You can wear shorts, and you are back from your hunt at 8:00am to take a nap during the heat of the day.....

I hope to have mine in the tree Saturday morning and head back to Mesa Sunday morning. We will have about six guys in camp so I am sure we will have atleast one bear. I am the only one punished by living in the valley. So maybe they will let me take the first one. After all they all live in bear country and have the rest of the season, right. Don't you all think I am right.

i am heading out tomorrow with bow in hand and the only reason i may not draw is because they are too small but should have some pictures to share either alive or with me behind em.

Went scouting today didn't see any bear but alot of elk. Hopefully i'll kill one this year.

i am heading out tomorrow with bow in hand...

You mean Friday?

nope i meant today i am leaving to head to camp then we will start hunting tomorrow. it is a 6 hour drive from Texas to get there so i will be heading out this afternoon so i can be there by dark.

I haven't seen many ripe pears in the area I have been scouting. Haven't seen much for acorns either. Don't know what to think.

post-2702-1281042077.jpg

I have seen TONS of acorns up here. But 24A don't open till the 20th. I may chase them in 23 but who knows.

nope i meant today i am leaving to head to camp then we will start hunting tomorrow. it is a 6 hour drive from Texas to get there so i will be heading out this afternoon so i can be there by dark.

Well, in that case, have a safe trip and watch out for the Texas State troopers. Those guys are ball busters. Good luck on the hunt!

This much of our rig is already at camp. i head up after work friday. 1 dog on each side and two in the box. it will not come soon enough for me. i have a crapy slab leak that will take me all day friday. so the day will be a good one to leave the city from.

post-171-1281054369_thumb.jpg