Sign in to follow this  
Black Bare

Anybody Hunting AZ Bear this Week?

Be hunting in 6A on the 20th. somewhere along clear creek. Bear is an afterthought, Coues is a first

I passed a truck today parked along the side of a steep mountain with a big CWT sticker on this white pickup truck. A guy was glassing with his two boys and said someone had shot a bear and was retrieving it.

So, someone on here got one = Congrats to whomever it was, hope to see a pic and a story soon.

We were up in 23 yesterday. Can't believe how green everything is. Saw 1 bear scat. 1 nice Coues buck and a bunch of mule deer. My boy got sick so we left. It was hot yesterday but I bet it's nice up there today.

I've heard of one good boar being taken. Everthing else is same as always. Hot, humid, gnats, and miserable. I suppose most guys do it because they are itchin to get back in the hills. I had over stiff goin on this weekend or id be out there now.

I'd be out there now if I didn't fill my spring archery tag! There always is a magic about opening weekend for OTC fall bear. I miss it.

Anyone planning to brave the heat and chase bears Friday? I've got my binos, sunscreen, and snake boots ready to go... My wife thinks I'm nuts... maybe I am.

Anybody enjoy the august bear hunt?

HEAT?? I went out this morning . gentle mist, 53 degrees 5:30 AM; by the time i walked a couple miles it was 49 and really raining hard. a little too cold and wet for bear hunting for me. roninflag

There were 2 sows I know of taken in 23 S. off the 288. I saw one --a 200 lb taken by a hunter out of Globe Sat. AM. The other one was Fri. AM. Don't know the details but talked to a man who said he saw it.We glassed up whitetail, a few mullies,turkey and some pigs. No bear this hunt but did find some good sign.Also ran across 6 different rattlers going in and out over three days. Most were black.rattlers. Felt good to have chaps on!!!

Well we had a great time in the white mountains this weekend. it was hard going because of all te rain and fog. We saw two bear. one nice bear that decided he was a REZ bear and would not come back to our side of the fence. The other was to small for us to shoot. A couple Photos in the fog. it was nice to be in the 50 degree weather but now i am back in mesa and it is hot. My lucky brother lives up on the mountain so he will be hunting everyday. I am sure he will end up with the one he is wanting once everything calms down a bit.

post-171-1281309442.jpg

post-171-1281309499_thumb.jpg

Had high hopes for this hunt, but saw nothing but pretty country. Glassed Friday evening and all of Saturday without luck. I think I may have been hunting to low. I wish I would have had Roninflag's weather, "...gentle mist, 53 degress..."

post-2702-1281321232_thumb.jpg

post-2702-1281321273_thumb.jpg

So, someone on here got one = Congrats to whomever it was, hope to see a pic and a story soon.

+1

+1 ;)

There were 2 sows I know of taken in 23 S. off the 288. I saw one --a 200 lb taken by a hunter out of Globe Sat. AM. The other one was Fri. AM. Don't know the details but talked to a man who said he saw it.We glassed up whitetail, a few mullies,turkey and some pigs. No bear this hunt but did find some good sign.Also ran across 6 different rattlers going in and out over three days. Most were black.rattlers. Felt good to have chaps on!!!

Dan, that's very interesting considering that the female harvest quota for 23S is 2 and it is NOT closed as of today (Sunday, Aug 15th) that means it stays open through Weds sundown regardless. Either you got some bad info or someone is not reporting or miss-reporting.

I know a guy that kills bears for people and then reports them all in a certain unit in order to close it so he can fly. Hope this crap isn't going on in 22S...

Explain that last coment one more time. Hard to falow that one for me. Also if you know this is going on and you know the guys it needs reported. That is a bunch of BS if it goes unchecked.

Explain that last coment one more time. Hard to falow that one for me. Also if you know this is going on and you know the guys it needs reported. That is a bunch of BS if it goes unchecked.

+10