I'd hotel it Mike... if that is possible... I hear that the mountain tops are as well traveled as the wash bottoms now.... <_<

I'd hotel it Mike... if that is possible... I hear that the mountain tops are as well traveled as the wash bottoms now.... <_<

You could stay in a hotel but all you’re doing is spending money!! In my Opinion If you’re going to come in contact them it going to be in the field. My 2 cents stay alert and Carrie a side arm with you everywhere you go..

36b Fanatic can’t wait for our late Nov hunt!!!!

I try to avoid applying for the southern most units but always go down to help for at least one hunt a year, usually leftover tags. We go in a big group and haven't had any trouble yet. It also helps morale knowing 3-4 guys who can shoot real well and real far are all together. I suppose its a roll of a dice everytime you go. I would hate to go by myself, and havent in the past 5 years or so.

I have that tag also. Instead of hunting out of Arivaca this year, I'm going to try the east side of the unit. Are there any good campgrounds or RV parks in the area? I have located a couple--Mi Casa & De Anza--was wondering if there were more near 36B.

Maybe we can put in for an illegal tag one year and start shooting them. thats the only way they will ever stop

Maybe we can put in for an illegal tag one year and start shooting them. thats the only way they will ever stop

Thanks CW, Although obviously cognitively challenged in addition to a severe case of overcompensation syndrome you have to give CW credit for having the guts to post his version of the "ultimate solution" to our border woes. I have heard and seen similar sentiments here and among my peers. Maybe its time to update our ancient morale codes that seem so outdated in our modern world. The old eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth deal should be amended. How about this.

Messing up deer hunts, trespassing and littering equals DEATH. What do you think?

Bob

There is an RV park in Arivaca or just on the outskirts of it, Christian has camped there several times and would be a good person for info about it.

I havent had any trouble with illegals...I am guessing because they think I am one of them... at least border patrol does.... woke me up in camp one night just to question me and detain me until the sherrif arrived and said I was free to go. I never had a bad run with BP until then...was super polite had my id...everything...just a hunting trip gone bad... I can look back and laugh at it now I guess.

QUOTE (cw4192 @ Aug 22 2010, 08:49 AM)

Thanks CW, Although obviously cognitively challenged in addition to a severe case of overcompensation syndrome you have to give CW credit for having the guts to post his version of the "ultimate solution" to our border woes. I have heard and seen similar sentiments here and among my peers. Maybe its time to update our ancient morale codes that seem so outdated in our modern world. The old eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth deal should be amended. How about this.

Messing up deer hunts, trespassing and littering equals DEATH. What do you think?

Bob

cw4192 and bobbyo;

Really? Suggesting murder as a means to stop illegal immigration? Come on, that's just ignorant.

Lee

Lee,

Let me translate for you. I said CW was a retard with a small wee wee, but in a nice way. In addition I sarcastically suggested we should include littering and messed up deer hunts as a CAPITOL crime. Of course I have no defense for your ignorant charge.

Sincerely,

Bob

bobbyo;

I got the the first part but missed the sarcasm in the second. Well put sir. Message heard now loud and clear.

No offense meant.

Lee

There is an RV park in Arivaca or just on the outskirts of it, Christian has camped there several times and would be a good person for info about it.

Thanx--I have stayed there a few times--ran into Christian once there too. looking for something farther east--closer to 19, n of Nogales.

Fellow hunters,

I am hoping to get a leftover 36B tag (and I most likely will!). Since there is so much discussion about the unit's current "demographics" (I am not talking about deer) is it possible to, perhaps, start forming "solidarity groups" so that we could camp / stay close?

I, for example, requested the late November 1139 hunt and am hoping to be there 11/29-12/2. At least 2 days if not the whole time...

I'll welcome (quiet) company, juniors included, for those days or would hope that I'd be invited to camp around others.

So, anybody on 36B during the last days of this hunt?

Much obliged,

ACB

PS: If it helps, I'm IDF trained, CCW holder, fairly good shot...but all I want is a pleasant experience and not looking for a war with the illegals, if I can help it, of course!