Sign in to follow this  
Basser15

WWYD?

a pile of you know what with some toilet paper on the salt lick should do the trick, and of course all caught on his camera!

Don't do this because he would win the camera in the Aug. trail cam picture contest for funniest picture and I want that camera. LOL

I'd chalk it up to trying to get there first.... he is obviously just as interested in getting away from others as you are....

I guess no one has respect for others. Is the National Forest yours? Someone will get shot one day over sitting a salt lick, corn, brown sugar, chicken scratch ect...

Hey cw4192,

I recieved your PM. I just was trying to be funny dude! Sorry if my post offended you, that was not my intention at all. Peace brother and take care.

Ernesto C

I would put my camera there....but I would put it up high where it might not be noticed. Leave a note and maybe you both can work together. you didnt hunt it last year and it is public land. Hopefully he is a good guy and nothing bad comes of this.

Or just just check his SD card and delete the 120 thats hitting the salt!!!!! :rolleyes:

goodluck either way! hope it works out for you!

Like many have said, it's public land and of course none of us have ownership right over anyone else and what I did and plan on doing is as follows:

Got to the spot and was pretty amazed to see a camera hanging there. If I had a pen and paper in my pack at the time I would have left a note to try and touch base with the hunter(s) who hung the camera to figure out what they are scouting for because it is a long azz way in there to have two different groups walking in to want to hunt the same spot that morning. I did hang my camera up on the tree next to it and freshened up the salt. Tomorrow night after work I'm planning on heading back up the mountain to check my cam and if I see something that I like I plan on leaving a note. If I don't then my camera is coming back down the mountain with me and it's a non-issue.

Well now that you have us interested in what is going on make sure you let us know the rest of the story!

with a trail cam(or 5) on every spring, tank and salt lick in arizona, its pretty difficult to "claim" an area of public land just because you put salt there three years ago. If you had a cam on it and someone put theirs on it too, I would say they are wrong and unethical in their attitude towards you as a hunter, but in this case, where do you draw the line?

Its basic "tree stand mentality" where someone puts up a tree stand and then expects a deed to the land to come in the mail by virtue of that stand. Its a tough deal, but like someone already said, welcome to public land. Good luck.

Went up and checked the cam last night and found that the other hunter had taken theirs down. After loking at my pics I'm pretty sure they were looking for deer too as the pics were full of elk and does. No bucks.