CouesWhitetail

Matt Liljenquist's Potential New World Record Archery Mule Deer

Thanks to Matt Liljenquist for sharing his new monster buck with us!! He was guided by Chad Smith of Vaquero Outfitters. Congratulations to all involved. What a GIANT!

Many thanks to Karl Owens (aka azsugarbear) for talking to Matt and asking permission to post these pics here.

here is the story:

Matt Liljenquist with his 2010 Arizona Strip Archery Buck

With his dad, Randy Liljenquist and good friend Blake Chapman in position to help with hand signals, Matt and I stalked to 52 yards of this bedded buck. After a short wait in the 95 degree sun the buck got up and walked to 32 yards broadside. I gave him a grunt and Matt sent Rusty Ulmer’s new broadhead on its way.

Matt’s buck gross scores 240 and has a gross typical frame of 228 7/8 by an official measurer - net score is pending 60 days drying time. I can honestly say Matt and Randy are some of the nicest people you will ever know and it could not be more deserving. I am grateful that they let Blake and I be part of their fair chase hunt.

Thanks,

Chad Smith

post-1-1282859586_thumb.jpg

post-1-1282859594_thumb.jpg

post-1-1282859601_thumb.jpg

Holy cheeze its!!! I've never shot an elk that big yet..... Congrats to you guys!

Just a gorgeous buck. Congrats to all involved. Chad Smith is the real deal. He put my old man on a goat a couple years ago that was flat out amazing. If Pops could have put an arrow in him, he would have been the new world record. He was killed on the rifle hunt and still went like 91+" - busted. One horn was over 20" if I remember right.

Coolaid smile !

And a lifetime of memories .

Thats what I remember those strip bucks used to look like .

I hope to hunt em again before I die of old age?

If anyone is going to the strip I may be able to help with a bit of info.

Always remember to take a lion tag to the strip too .