Sign in to follow this  
izquik72

Spot light

So what does everybody use for a spotlight.

I have one on the huge 12" Thor 15 million candle power it is an awesome light but way too bulky to swing around when going out for an evening. Plus you cant use it while it is plugged in. (very annoying)

My back up light is a old q beam but it just doesn't work that well.

So what is a great light and what did you pay for it?

Never done it..its Illegal where I grew up hunting and old habits are hard to break I guess. Best flash light I have is a head lamp so I'd have to get really close... :lol:

I wonder how many people actually do spotlight here? It doesn't seem very popular, but I guess there are some that do it. I used to do it for work as a biologist doing deer surveys. It's definitely interesting.

So what does everybody use for a spotlight.

I have one on the huge 12" Thor 15 million candle power it is an awesome light but way too bulky to swing around when going out for an evening. Plus you cant use it while it is plugged in. (very annoying)

My back up light is a old q beam but it just doesn't work that well.

So what is a great light and what did you pay for it?

Where did you read you couldn't use it if it is plugged in? :)

TJ

Some engineering design doesn't allow it to turn on while charging. It is a battery operated light. You can only use it on battery power.

My other cheapy one is a 12V.

I use the big one for 20-30 mins till the light gets week then have to run the small one. When I see something that needs a closer look I turn the big one back on. It will last for just a min or 2 becuase it doesn't have a full charge.

I think some of the newer battery spotlights allow you to use them and charge at the same time. (The reason for this thread) ;)

Hunting with a spot light is illegal in AZ, along with night huning. HEAD LAMP is recommended and they make some that last over 30 hours with batteries. I used my surefire when camping because it has a strong enough beam to blind someone. Just don't use it while hunting!!!!

Some engineering design doesn't allow it to turn on while charging. It is a battery operated light. You can only use it on battery power.

My other cheapy one is a 12V.

I use the big one for 20-30 mins till the light gets week then have to run the small one. When I see something that needs a closer look I turn the big one back on. It will last for just a min or 2 becuase it doesn't have a full charge.

I think some of the newer battery spotlights allow you to use them and charge at the same time. (The reason for this thread) ;)

\

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant you couldn't spot light with a light plugged in. I see now you were talking about the light you owned. Yes it's illegal to spotlight while hunting except for coon, which can't be attached. Spotlighting is allowed as long as you don't have any firearms in your present. It makes for a fun night of game watching. :)

TJ

Hunting with a spot light is illegal in AZ, along with night huning.

Not entirely true Mangey.

Raccoon may be taken at night with the aid of artificial light; however the light may not be attached to or operated from a vehicle.

Where in my original post did I state I was Hunting with a spotlight?

It is illegal to spotlight for animals while you have a weapon capable to "take" an animal in the vehicle.

I was told by a Game warden in New Mexico if depending on the Suspects attitude they can say the Vehicle can be used to take an animal, and issue you a citation.

Anyhow I use a spotlight on a boat at night,

Trying to locate Elk, Deer at night so I have a better chance to glass them during daylight.

It comes in handy trying to find a camp spot when you come in late.

I was just wondering what other people used

I knew what you were using your light for. I've heard a lot of people use them to spot animals at night in kind of a scout before the next day. Great Idea I'm usually not sober after 7pm at deer camp...so driving at night is a bad idea for me. Hope you find the right equipment bet some of those raccoon hunters can tell ya what works really well.

I knew what you were using your light for. I've heard a lot of people use them to spot animals at night in kind of a scout before the next day. Great Idea I'm usually not sober after 7pm at deer camp...so driving at night is a bad idea for me. Hope you find the right equipment bet some of those raccoon hunters can tell ya what works really well.

Hahaha!! I'm the same way. :lol: :lol:

Q-beam was always the best I had found. I also have one of those THOR spot lights, uses the car headlight bulb if I remember right.

I ussually end up hitting them with the highbeams, or adjusting a KC light out to where they are.

i have 1 of those police spotlights attached to the driver side usually works great!

i think i may have a bare wire it keeps blowing a fuse.

my old expedition had 1 on both sides that was sweet.

a guy here at the shop i work at has a few laying around

james

Spend the money on the remote controlled one that goes on top of your cab so you don't get cold with your arm out the window all night! They work well, and the nice thing is that you can attach it to the front of the boat as well!