CouesWhitetail

180+ Coues Sheds --- You better sit down before you look!

Okay I plan on getting some better pics today! Oh, MAN!! Can't believe this guy is out there roaming around.. Hope i get him during the rut this year.. how sweet would that be to get a 150" buck one year then a 180" buck the next???? Well Waylon has the first shot at this monster at the end of November A 3 week hunt.. Then my hunt starts Christmas day.. THE RUT!!! Good luck Waylon!!

You probably won't be able to recognize him I mean with all those non-typical points hanging all over the place and all :blink:

That is absolutely unbelievable! Imo that buck would be the TRUE Coueswhitetail world record. I'm a little confused Amanda as you stated in your first post these sheds were found 12 years ago? Best of luck to both of you and be really careful about who you tell. I know people have made jokes on here about sticking a GPS onto the bottom of ones truck, etc. This time, that may really happen!!! I really do appreciate you guys posting pics of those sheds!!!

Mike

That is absolutely unbelievable! Imo that buck would be the TRUE Coueswhitetail world record. I'm a little confused Amanda as you stated in your first post these sheds were found 12 years ago? Best of luck to both of you and be really careful about who you tell. I know people have made jokes on here about sticking a GPS onto the bottom of ones truck, etc. This time, that may really happen!!! I really do appreciate you guys posting pics of those sheds!!!

Mike

actually I posted that they were found 12 hours ago...not years...

I think it's a set from the buck on the bottom of this page in the Ellsworth/Epperson shed photogallery:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/ellsworth_co...llsworth_10.htm

i think you're right. was wondering if so the sheds in the epperson/ellsworth collection has to be at least a 3 year old deer, now 2 or 3 more years have gone bye. at what point will the buck regress with old age?

coueszilla

or

king kongoues

:blink:

I've looked and looked, still can't believe what I'm seeing.

What are the chances he'll "migrate" off the reservation??? One can always hope.

Best of luck to you Waylon, I wish you every success.

I think it's a set from the buck on the bottom of this page in the Ellsworth/Epperson shed photogallery:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/ellsworth_co...llsworth_10.htm

i think you're right. was wondering if so the sheds in the epperson/ellsworth collection has to be at least a 3 year old deer, now 2 or 3 more years have gone bye. at what point will the buck regress with old age?

That may be the question of the year... If he isn't already regressing, how many years is he going to be maintaining this size? What factors contributed to him reaching that size? Can those be repeated? Could he be even bigger this year with all the rain we've received? Are his genetics evident in the deer population, or is his crazy size due to the fact that he doesn't waste his energy on the rut? I've heard of that happening with elk and mule deer; does that happen with Coues? Wouldn't that be tragedy, not passing his genetics on!!