Buckhunter

Hot desert Mule Deer hunt

Friday morning started rather quickly. My Buddy and Guide Matt Woodward of Borderland Adventures, Also a Sponsor of this site. Put me on 2 Muley Bucks at 6:45am. A 3x4 and a real nice 4x4 over a mile away when we found them. I started to get close to where we last saw them and they were nowhere to be seen. Assuming they already bedded I worked my way up to the top of the hill were it is flat and choked full of mequite and cholla. As I topped out I instantly saw horns poking over the grass. I couldn't beleave it, Both bucks were bedded at 45 yards. The 4 point was in the brush and th 3x4 was bedded in the open.

I spent 30 mins at 44 yards waiting to the 4 point to move. But when I wasn't paying attention he got up and walked right through the opening and bedded in even thicker brush. I clipped my release and drew back. 3x4 stood up and started scratching his face with his back hoof. As soon as he put it down I sent a 100grn 4 blade muzzy through his shoulders. He went all of 30 yards and crashed. The 4 point bolted straight away from me giving me another look at a fantastic Desert muley rack. After a short pack out we were at camp cutting and quartering this big bodied mule deer. Later that night we had Tenderloins on the woodfire grill in the backyard. Could have been any better. Thanks again to Matt with Borderland Adventures for an awsome hunt. Will post field photos later, were on another camera.

post-2044-1283731430_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1283731446_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1283731462_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1283731479_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1283731495_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1283731509_thumb.jpg

Great buck! Good shootin' also!

Here's some of your field photos

Enjoy!

post-287-1283739307.jpg

post-287-1283739328.jpg

post-287-1283739355.jpg

Dane!!! He looks ten times bigger than the phone pic!!! Nice job!

nice!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing.

james

Congratulations on a great buck. :)

TJ