Sign in to follow this  
boomsaki

Unit 33 suggestions

Bellota, take a cold shower and get a cold one to drink, then sit back and think before you type.

Bellota, take a cold shower and get a cold one to drink, then sit back and think before you type.

thanks on the hunting course, soon i will be pro like azlance!

In my mind E-Scouting is still scouting!!!!! I spend at least 100 days a year in the field but any more help is worth it. i dont hunt 33 much but I live in that unit if you want some help PM me and I will point you in a decent direction. We are all hunters/sportsmen/sportswomen and i think we should help people out that might not know where to start. Dont be a know it all, and start talking crap to people that just want some help. on another note I DO feel that hints should be posted through a PM so it is not compete public information. This is just my 2 cents....I could help and wont give out my buddies spots but I can show/tell you where to look for a good start!

This pissing match of a post is ridiculous. I am going to give up the goods right now. 33 has coues deer in nearly every square mile. I cannot think of a place where there is not Coues deer. Even right next to the houses. Go ahead, I dare you guys. Reveal one area,just one area in 33 that does not have Coues Deer. You don't have to PM me. You can list the area's in 33 that don't have coues on the public forum.

Bob

Put your boots on and go find them, that's part of the fun! That's the way we all did it before computers and I am sure that's they way most of us still like to do it!

WOW, is all I have to say. In the 4 years+ that I have been visiting this site, I had never been physically threatened or told to "F$@# OFF" by another CW member. But after reading my PM's today that all changed. Some people on here cant seem to take criticism, laugh at a little sarcasm, or learn to "agree to disagree".

Out of respect for the CW site I am not going to post the vulgar threatening PM from "BellotaBucks" on here. :(

WOW, is all I have to say. In the 4 years+ that I have been visiting this site, I had never been physically threatened or told to "F$@# OFF" by another CW member. But after reading my PM's today that all changed. Some people on here cant seem to take criticism, laugh at a little sarcasm, or learn to "agree to disagree".

Out of respect for the CW site I am not going to post the vulgar threatening PM from "BellotaBucks" on here. :(

Sounds like Bellotabucks does know how to use the PM tool...too bad he didn't just utilize that from the beginning to give his specific hunt area advice. Maybe he learned something in all this... ;)

Sounds like Bellotabucks does know how to use the PM tool...too bad he didn't just utilize that from the beginning to give his specific hunt area advice. Maybe he learned something in all this... ;)

Thats funny!

Since all the places mentioned already get a lot of hunters, I'm not sure alot of damage was done. I'm surprised no one mentioned Peppersauce or Charoleau Gap. There's also a lot of deer in both those places and a lot of hunters.

Now if you really want a memorable Coues hunt, put on some big boy pants and hike up Edgar Canyon to the Peck Basin, traveling as light as possible with a backpack. There should be water available in places at least for a while longer. This is prime Coues country, and you'll have it mostly to yourself.

Unless the rut is on, anything you hear about 110-point bucks running around in the heavily hunted areas should probably be discounted 15 to 20 %. A friend of mine who retired from Game & Fish and is a solid Coues expert tried to help a friend from out of state in Buehman Canyon a couple of Decembers ago. They found bucks, but nothing big. My friend had hoped some big bucks would come down into upper Buehman looking for does but eventually concluded that there were enough small bucks around to take care of the does and that any big bucks up in the remote side canyons were finding enough does that they didn't need to move.

Two bits of advice: Hunt the mesquites for big bucks, and always take a lion tag. My son glassed one up today in 33 while helping on a juniors hunt. The Catalinas and Rincons are loaded with lions.

I think this post got to be ridiculous, Az Lance are you surprise? you've been poking him the whole post, lets be civilized and use the pm button and avoid all the bickering.

all we can do is hope he learned from this!