Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

Gunna Go Postal!

Guest 300ultramag.

im just saying...

maybe the wind blew the blind in the water.. and your taking all the credit!!!!! ha haha

:lol: :lol: :lol:

did you leave another cam there to see their reaction?? with sound and video. that would of been sweet to see.

Just ain't sittin quite right that one of the most respected members of CW.com tells the world wide web that he threw someones equipment into a waterhole, even if it is deserved.

Many mentions of a high road; I can't see it from here.

Mike

Just ain't sittin quite right that one of the most respected members of CW.com tells the world wide web that he threw someones equipment into a waterhole, even if it is deserved.

Mike

Well Mike and others.

I have come to know the Man Gino is top notch and respectful of others.

I Only respect one other Payson resident as much

and I should add most everyone here is quality folks.

I have heard first hand about these guys in the past and the BS

that G has put up with is way beyond what most would tolerate.

I have know him since 03 and have seen him mature so in those years.

Was what he did right? yes after 3 years of their BS I feel it was justified

and no real harm done.

They are on this site and he used this post to say I have had enough.

No names were given and I won't post them either.

Message sent and lets hope the Hatfields and MaCoys can carry on in peace.

Hope thats OK Buddy.

I would like to have my blinds dry :rolleyes:

Mike

Well Mike and others.

I have come to know the Man Gino is top notch and respectful of others.

I Only respect one other Payson resident as much

and I should add most everyone here is quality folks.

I have heard first hand about these guys in the past and the BS

that G has put up with is way beyond what most would tolerate.

I have know him since 03 and have seen him mature so in those years.

Was what he did right? yes after 3 years of their BS I feel it was justified

and no real harm done.

They are on this site and he used this post to say I have had enough.

No names were given and I won't post them either.

Message sent and lets hope the Hatfields and MaCoys can carry on in peace.

Hope thats OK Buddy.

I would like to have my blinds dry :rolleyes:

Mike & Mike,

I respect both of you very much and your opinions.

Rembrant... You are a man of religion and you hold by "Do un to others..." and I have always treated others as I wish to be treated... In this case... Enough was enough... I did not damage anything... only sent a message. A message that will be thought of in the future... hopefull adding some other hunter who might find his camera on this guy's personal water hole.

GH.... You are a true Friend. However,I think you are putting all my frustrations on one group of people and that is not the case... we have lots of hunters out there that do not respect the time and efforts of other hunters.... I have made reference to 3 different groups of "hunters" and apparently a 4th due to the Pm's I have gotten... repenting. I spend a TON of time in the woods (expensive time) and only ask that when I show up to check a camera or hunt a spot that I don't find that someone has crapped on my efforts.... or worse stollen from me. Thank You for vouching for my integrity it means a lot.

Threads like this are important to us all as hunters... to see the the reactions of our actions, to realize the perspective of others.... to see the frustration of our piers.... Thanks to you all for taking part.

Nobody likes a crybaby. If you know who covered your cam then why not confront/talk to them about it rather than complaining about it on the web?Better yet initiate a civil conversation and squash the whole thing personally think it was wrong of you to put a cam on a tank someone was obviously hunting waaa waaa you sucked me in to this high school bs.

I'd just put up the GPS location of the tank and the blind on a bunch of geocache sites and let them have the tank. They won't be getting much hitting it after that other than people in Range Rovers and Subaru SUV's in their REI clothes and Timberland boots. And if you have found a new site close by all the game animals will probably hit that one anyways with the visitors to the geocached one. Just say'n.

Then again... I tend to laugh at folks claiming to have 'reserved' hunting spots. Wait did it say private land on any sign near by as I might be mistake here and way out of line then? If it says National Forest Service then I tend to think 'reserved hunting spot' is a hilarious notion, by anyone. Funny that my kids argue less about seats on the couch to watch the cartoons.

If you know who covered your cam then why not confront/talk to them about it rather than complaining about it on the web?Better yet initiate a civil conversation and squash the whole thing personally think it was wrong of you to put a cam on a tank someone was obviously hunting...

This is the part I have been struggling with too. If you know who or think you know who. Deal with it with the person. Nothing against what was done because in the heat of the moment it sounds like something I might do.But I didnt. I personally would not have put a cam near a blind I thought might be being used but then I dont have a cam...One of these days someone is going to get shot doing something stupid like this and the antis are going to revel in it...

No amount of work or expense gives anyone exclusive rights to any spot in OUR public forests. The notion that a person baiting and/ or just leaving a cam close to a tank feels his rights to pictures are greater than those of a hunters during an active hunt is ludicrous. I see no issue with the guy making your cam inoperable while he was actively hunting that spot. Lets face it they make enough sound and depending on the amount of overcast the flash could be an issue during the day ( low light day pics use flash not IR). He was wrong in leaving it that way once he was done with the spot, just as you were wrong with your actions of revenge. I feel that this rant is based on an Idea that your cams have exclusivity over the actual hunter in that spot (and that was not you) you talk of Sabotage when your actions are no different. You then Rant as your actions should be defended, in my opinion they should not. If you have an issue with a specific person or even six people, man up and work it out over a cold beer. No one should come into this kind of forum looking for validation for being a self centered jerk.

If you know who covered your cam then why not confront/talk to them about it rather than complaining about it on the web?Better yet initiate a civil conversation and squash the whole thing personally think it was wrong of you to put a cam on a tank someone was obviously hunting...

This is the part I have been struggling with too. If you know who or think you know who. Deal with it with the person. Nothing against what was done because in the heat of the moment it sounds like something I might do.But I didnt. I personally would not have put a cam near a blind I thought might be being used but then I dont have a cam...One of these days someone is going to get shot doing something stupid like this and the antis are going to revel in it...

You Assume that just cuz I have a “hunch”... a possible first name and a truck description from one of the guys I was with that I am able to find this guy... I assure you that if I do find him we will discuss it...hopefully in a civil manner. As a matter of fact, this forum has a large enough following that I am hoping that my “Advertising” of this event in the area it happened and on here will help me to talk to the fellow.

Those of you jumping on the band wagon to trash my “maturity” and/or my decision to send a loud message… I respect you opinion. But you have not walked a mile in these shoes, I can tell from your tone… if you have never been tripped, then you really don't know if you will fall or catch yourself. ;) I have no more right than the next guy, that is fact… but I have just as much right as the next guy. Putting up a blind, camera, treestand, sign, or whatever, on a water source in AZ… does NOT “call it” as yours, or satisfy “first come first serve”… A butt in a seat does. Unit 9 is a great example of this…. 5 cams on each drinker in the unit… AZGF and the “Hunter Opportunity” concept has spawned greater numbers vying for the same critters. I have come to terms with this change and am used to seeing multiple cams, blinds, or treestands on waters… most of them never get hunted… so why should I avoid a spot because someone placed equipment there??? The answer is I shouldn’t. I place my equipment… I leave theirs alone and expect them to do the same… seems pretty simple to me. A motto all sportsman should adopt. That is the purpose of this thread… the message… not to cry, or whine… to contribute and inform. Kinda like the purpose for this forum all together…

Again I thank all the input on this topic. I will continue to stand with my actions as just, and have NO remorse for them. I however do very much have remorse that it has come to this due to people's lack of decency. As I mentioned if flash was the issue you can temporarily disable a flash just as easily as he permanently disabled my cam… and I would not have faulted him for that at all had he removed it when he left…

Cheers.

I just got done with my unit 9 elk hunt. I've been hunting there for the better part of 20 years or so and man have things changed. There used to be 5 stands on every piece of water and now there are that many cams. I'm not a person that sits water very often but after 7 days of going hard I decided to sit some water where my buddy had a stand. There were 4 cameras on the water. 3 had flashes and mine was IR. That evening the elk started coming in as it was getting darker and it was like a Las Vegas show. The flashes were going off. Elk were here and then they were over there.....more flashes. It was driving me crazy. I didn't even think of that when I got up in my stand. I hadn't ever been around that many cameras before. That evening I got lucky and didn't see anything that I wanted to shoot. The next night when I showed up I made sure the cameras wouldn't go flash. I didn't destroy the cameras and put them back as they were after my hunt but I just didin't want my elk hunt to look like another Las Vegas show. It is just to crazy for me. I've also seen a ton of the running on my cameras as another camera goes flash. There are times when it scares the living crap out of them and other times when they just don't care. Once you get a week into a hunt they tend to get a bit more spooky and I didn't think the flash was a good idea at that time.

Now as far as you taking the "high road"......well you didn't take the "high road". Now with that said I might have not been as nice as you were but the high road was something different than what you did. It drives me crazy when people mess with my stuff. There really is plenty of room for everyone to hunt and it just seems crazy to ruin/steal others stuff. If I was that guy sitting that blind I would have made it so that your camera didn't work when I was hunting that spot and put it back into operating condition when I left the blind. I think that is only fair and I think most camera owners can live with that point of view.

I feel your pain. I've always been amazed at how people will fight over a water hole. I always remind them that they don't know what is coming into the tank. If a cow and a spike comes into the tank that night was it worth the fist fight? Probably not unless you are really starving and if that is the case by all means shoot him and put him on the grill.

Next thing ya know the game and fish will be taking everyones cameras........but that is another story.

Later,

recurveman

I just got done with my unit 9 elk hunt. I've been hunting there for the better part of 20 years or so and man have things changed. There used to be 5 stands on every piece of water and now there are that many cams.

A lot has changed in the past 20 years, specifically in the last 5 years. Trail cameras are now inexpensive to the point most people can put them out (I have seen them on clearance for $50), shoot some have better quality cameras than the average digital camera used for taking family leisure pictures.

Its only a matter of time before trail cam technology will allow pictures taken on a trail cam to immediately be sent to a phone or computer (I know this is already available but soon this will also be inexpensive). Then whats gonna happen.....As technology changes, maybe the regs should change?

Redman

Something will happen in regards to the cameras. I had over 10 of them out and learned a bunch. I'm not sure that they are a bad thing for scouting but I would kind of like to see them gone during the hunt. I was unhappy to see a bunch of people coming into places my buddies wanted to sit. They were leaving all kinds of scent and it was like a circus all day going to that water hole. Heck it was a good walk back into where the water hole was at and the trail into it was just about worn out by the 3rd day of the hunt. Something will change. Not sure when or what will happen but I'm guessing somethng will change.

Later,

recurveman