Sign in to follow this  
Rangecon

First Archery Bull - Freezer Trophy

First archery bull for this Desert Rat. My son and myself have started to perfect the spot and stalk technique (until they wind us). We have had many great stalks to remember and laugh about. This was text book, spotted at 300 yds and stalked to 38 yds. This bull expired within 130 yrds. My son video taped the final leg of the stalk, shot, and recovery. He also got to skin and gut this animal, so he is officially signed off in his task book for elk field dressing.

Warm days made it a little challenging, stripping charcoal suits off at noon. Used predator netting for the hot part of the day. Heard more bugling in the afternoon than any other part of the day in Unit 6B. nil desperandum

post-3137-1285132853_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your bull. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Sweet bull and to hunt with your son is what it's all about congrats man! :)

Great Job. I have two sons and I can't think of much that I would rather do than take them hunting. Spot and stalk in the cooler pines is a beautiful thing. I hunted Bulls in Unit 10 this year for the first time and it has great bulls but it is ugly. I really missed those pine trees. Is your video up anywhere? Congratulations

Congrats.....I still am amazed that you can get that close to those things. I've never been elk hunting nor have I been out on a stalk to see how close you can get....I sure hope someday as it just seems like it would be something else to be that close.