Sign in to follow this  
Arizonahunter

NEW MEXICO BURRO MOUNTAINS MULE DEER

I finally drew a Burro Mtns muley tag in NM. Any advice on places / terraine to focus on would be cool from those that might have hunted there in the past? I have done a few scout trips, seen a few so so bucks, but not the monters that I have heard are in there. I have scouted the areas in between Silver and Lordsburg. I live in AZ so I cant make it out as much as I want to scout. Thanks in advance to those that might respond.

My advice is use google maps to find some good water sources then find terrain that is at least a mile from any road that will have thick cover .havent hunted there in years but my cousins that do hunt there every time they get drawn pull out monsters .Were from Deming NM and they only put in for that area.They always use that pattern when they Hunt there because there are always lots of road hunters that don't bother to get out and really hunt seems after the first day or so they really push deer into thick bedding cover but deer always need water thats key . If it stays dry you should find that the deer in a habit to use the same water hole.Any ways hope that helps

Arizonahunter did you tag out? I drew this hunt for Mule deer for this year 2014 and have been scouting but have no idea where to go any insight would help. Thanks

Ya , We all been waiting 5 years to hear the Story and Pics..................BOB!