Sign in to follow this  
wbyfireman

Help needed for youth hunt!!! THX

Heres the situation, my nephew who is 11yo got drawn for the youth hunt in unit 6a. Problem is my wife and I have our second child due on the 10th so I am unable to scout, camp, and flat out go with him on this hunt!! :( His father is going to take him even though he has virtually no experience hunting. I was planning on scouting the cedar flats area (south of stoneman lake) in hopes of finding some elk while using the 15X56's, however I have not been able to do any scouting because of our situation with our child on the way. Im truly not trying to internet scout!! I just want him and his father to be able to have a good experience; and to possibly get a chance seeing and taking his first elk. Any help they could receive would be great and appreciated!! Has anyone hunted this area? Is there another area recommended? I have hunted the northern parts of 6a but not south very much.

Thanks to all and good luck :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What are the dates and is it for Bull or Cow?

PM sent.

-Ryan

the hunt starts October 8th and is a cow hunt. He is a fireman also and cant get Thursday off so they will miss the seminar on Thursday night UNFORTUNATELY!!

Thanks for all the assistance from everyone

MUCH APPRECIATED

The Arizona Elk Society will have there annual Junior Elk Camp in Unit 6A at the Happy Jack Lodge.

Thursday night we will have a seminar for the kids and there will be a free dinner that night.

On Fri and Sat the camp will have lunch for the kids and families that stop by at noon.

Information about elk hunting including tips on where to find elk and more is available every day we are there, not just at the seminar.

Feel free to stop by anytime and bring your maps. There is usually guides and FS personnel in camp to mark up your maps.

Check out the info at www.arizonaelksociety.org.

Steve