Sign in to follow this  
Santana Outdoors

2010 Arizona Elk Hunt video in HD

would gross around 350. The only thing weak on him was spread and main beam length. Awesome bull for sure. Thanks for sharing the video. Looks like the cameraman got the big bull jitters as well. :lol:

would gross around 350. The only thing weak on him was spread and main beam length. Awesome bull for sure. Thanks for sharing the video. Looks like the cameraman got the big bull jitters as well. :lol:

Yeah he did, I think I was wanting him to get that bull more than him.

Cool video, that is a great looking bull and one I'm sure Eric would love to have shot that bull, but oh well, next time will be better.

Thank you for all your input, I first guessed about a 340 bull until I watched the video, I think it is a good 350+ bull lots of antler but short on width. Wish we had is on the ground but we don't.

We had an awesome hunt, like I told my son, the hunt is what it is all about, killing is a bonus. We hunted hard for a 350 plus bull. If you do that and go home with no bull it is ok!

Good luck to all and again appreciate all your input.

Eric

Great bull... Sorry Eric missed him, I bet he really loves that piece being on YouTube for the world to share his pain... :blink: :unsure: :rolleyes: :P ;) :P

Great bull... Sorry Eric missed him, I bet he really loves that piece being on YouTube for the world to share his pain... :blink: :unsure: :rolleyes: :P ;) :P

At first he said "Dad you have got to be kidding me" . I told him it was a bigger bull then what he thought and needed to get some confirmation. Now he says it just made it worse. Hey we all mess up, hopefully it will somehow make us all better shooters. The video footage was just to nice to let sit around.

Lets have fun and a good old friend once told me, FUGGETABOUT IT!!!!! :lol:

Gino, what do you think that bull would have scored?

At first he said "Dad you have got to be kidding me" . I told him it was a bigger bull then what he thought and needed to get some confirmation. Now he says it just made it worse. Hey we all mess up, hopefully it will somehow make us all better shooters. The video footage was just to nice to let sit around.

Lets have fun and a good old friend once told me, FUGGETABOUT IT!!!!! :lol:

Gino, what do you think that bull would have scored?

Eric,

His 2's and 3's make him.... I'd put this bull at 350ish, maybe a touch better, but not 360...IMHO. However in looking at the video again tonight I did se where it looks like (as mentioned by others) that arrow appears to have hit low and left in the dirt...but hard to tell from that clip for certain. Again Very sorry that Eric did not get to ground check this great bull.

G

I've got that bull at 365 Max. It is nice everywhere. Doesn't have great 5ths and a touch short on the main beams and a little narrow for his class of bull. Super cool video for sure except for the missing part.

Here is a little advice. When you are calling/stalking elk. Figure out what you max kill range is with your top pin. I knew I was good out to almost 50 yards with my top pin if I put it in the middle of the bull when I was out calling. So if it was under 50 yards or so I just had to pull back and aim. If it was past 50 I better take some time and range find it.

Here is a bull that died and grossed (by two official P&Y scorers in camp) 346. The bull in the video is quite a bit bigger than this one in my opinion.

Chadsbullalive2010-9.jpg

Chadsbull2010-3.jpg

Later,

recurveman