Sign in to follow this  
RoughCut

Swarovski Spotting Scope Reccomendations

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to cover your Swarovski scope when you are packing in. I bought a 65mm and obviously don't want to haul it around in it's box everywhere. I see that Swarovski makes a glorified sock for your spotter if you want to pay another 200 or so bucks. Just looking for a way to protect it when I throw it in my pack.

Thanks guys

The Swaro cover is more than a glorified sock, it's a nice tough cover and works really well. $200 is overpriced for sure, but it's the best case out there. I don't have any experience with the Cabelas one, but it looks nice and you can't beat the price. Wish they (Swaro or Cabelas) had something similar for the 15's!!!

You might laugh but I use one of those siliconized rifle socks. I snip the end open, tie a knot in the middle and double it ove.. cheap and works pretty good on my 65HD. ;)

The Swaro cover is more than a glorified sock, it's a nice tough cover and works really well. $200 is overpriced for sure, but it's the best case out there. I don't have any experience with the Cabelas one, but it looks nice and you can't beat the price. Wish they (Swaro or Cabelas) had something similar for the 15's!!!

+1

I've got that glorified sock also on my 80mm and have put it thru some serious abuse. It's tough and durable and has held up nicely. I also have a padded case from Crooked Horn that holds a tripod as well. It's bulky but I'm sure it's considerably less expensive and it doubles as a nice butt-pad too. JIM>