bstpeter

Scouting alone

Wondering if I'm the only one, you and a bunch of friends put in for the same place swear to help each other out, scouting, setting up camp, hunting together and bam Sept-Oct comes around and guess who's scouting all by themselves? All the hunting buddies who were going to expect you to support them if they got drawn have more reasons not to go then you can imagine...hmm Just need a really good vent and had no where else to post it! 6a here I come again should be leaving tomorrow morning around 4:30am. Thanks for letting me vent CWT

Still going to have some fun...Need to put my CWT bumpersticker on my Subaru if you see me in the area stop in for a beer or gatorade I'll have a cooler full. I'll be off Fossil creek road along with the Honda civics that drove by me last weekend...dang whats the point is there something at the end of that road I don't know about???

I love too just be out doing it! I love to share my passion with friends and family but sometimes you just got to take one for the team.

I cant count how many times its 3am and loading the truck to go scout only to get the text that says Too hungover to go let me know what you see and take Pic's... I hate that hahaha..

carry a lion tag. Kittys in there can get pretty ornery

Got the Kitty Tag.....Started buying one every year after I saw three in one day up south/East of Lake Alamo...crazy day that was...Didn't notice anyone smoking wacky tobacco but some crazy students were whacking on rocks while I was checking them out with the Bino's...it wasn't gold but they were acting like it was. It's to bad they were out there a nice covey ran right at them...I just felt funny shooting over a guys head who was dressed like Indiana Jones :lol:

I seem to find more or see more when scouting alone. I'll be doing some scouting tomorrow near winslow, east and west sunset mts. Scouting for some friends on their upcoming cow hunt. Its their first hunt ever. Was just waiting for the early archery and rifle hunts to end. As far as fossil springs tons of hippies checking out those blue/green springs. Must be something in the water.

Im in the same boat this year. I have 2 other guys going with me and they have a lot of excuses. Thats fine though I will send them where the little ones are and I will go after the NICE ones. Then we will see how much it payes off to go scoutting. We will still have fun back at camp. Hey all you guys that got drawn this year good luck. AND BE CAREFUL!!!! 19 DAYS AND COUNTING!!! If anybody is passing buy the ADOT yard in 27 will be camping across the road from it. Stop by and say HI. Be in a white lifted 2001 Chevy. And again good luck!!!!

For every one serious hunter there are at least a dozen flakes... maybe more!

I'm New to hunting in general, but even I know that you have to did it for yourself to get it done some times. With that said I do have very good friends that have not let me down. But you got to understand that Family and life come before other peoples Hunts. Just saying.