Sign in to follow this  
CRAZYBUCK

trail camera

So I just got my first trail camera and set it up in unit 23 I left it there for about 1 month it was in a pretty rough area and I went up there on thursday to get it I was so excited to see what was on it. So when i got there it was GONE @#$% me, I was livid you think as hunters people have enough respect to leave other peoples stuff alone nope not the case you go up north to get away from the thiefs and crackheads. I am still in shock how can someone think its ok to steal others belongings I just dont understand. Does it take a steel case and a chain to secure our trail cameras???????? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

In 4B this year during the Elk hunts we had 5 cameras, two blinds and a climbing treestand stolen!!!It is getting out of control but unfortuntly there is nothing we can do about. I cant wait until I actually catch one of these a$$holes in the act. That will be fun!!!!!!

Thats why I started making my own camera boxes with heavy locks.

+1

Since i built boxes an locked my cams up, fortunatly i havent had one stollen yet!! Im convinced they work!

As hunters and good sportsmen we like to think other sportsmen are ethical and will not steal but I faced reality when I had an sd card stolen. Now I do as much as I can to keep my cams safe. I heard of guys even breaking camera boxes to steal cams. When I was up at the florida work camp I saw the front of a security box hanging from a chain on a tree. Some guys have nerve! :angry:

During the Elk Hunt in 4B this year someone stole a camera off of a tank that was locked and lag bolted to the tree from some people who had up several cameras and tree stands we met up there. They sat these tanks for morning and evening hunts so someone came during the mid day to steal it. We had several people come up to ours and look them over but were lucky enough not to have any of ours stolen. I'm planning on investing in some boxes myself for the easyier spots to get to. I guess we need to have seceret cameras, watching our cameras?

even with boxes they get stolen. I have a cam out and this guy keeps coming to see where i set it to check it is still there. probly to steal it. why would you want to shoot a deer at someone elses stand? just dont get it.

I will give you the short answer to your question why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? People are butt holes.

I will give you the short answer to your question why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? People are butt holes.

+900

Ha, I got ya topped!!! I had a guy cut my tree down with a chainsaw to get it!!! Talk about desperate. Just once would i like to catch one red handed!!!

Thats why I started making my own camera boxes with heavy locks.

I had one stolen from a box this week myself. Looks like they took a crowbar to it!

This is what I found!

post-131-1286244928_thumb.jpg

Pretty sad. I haven't gotten into the trail cam game yet, mostly because of this. I still plan on it, eventually.