Sign in to follow this  
AzBuckCHaser1

Big buck down

Well this quest for a monster coues deer began about 9 years ago, ive always hunted muleys and finally decieded i wanted a trophy coues deer.A couple buddys of mine have always been hard core coues hunters and got me addicted, many years went by without filling my tag it was very hard to not shot a smaller bucks but always knew if i shot a little guy i would never get a chance at a monster ,some people just thought i was a lousy hunter but without giving up i pushed myself to not give up year after year . This hunt was in the same unit as the other years ive hunted, so i was pretty confident one year i would get a chance at a big coues. The first morning glassing turned up a really nice 3x4 that i would happily put my tag on, we took a little to long on the stock and they went over the top of a very rugged mountain so instead of pushing them we decided to back out and hopefully get another chance at them later. The rest of the day didnt turn up much . The second morning same exact sanario, i decided to take another ridge and try and pick them up ,this time i sit down to glass i see a really good buck also a 3x4 he is pretty far out so we move in closer for a shot we top a little ridge i range the buck at 516 yrds which i am very comfertable shooting due to lots and lots of practice. So i set my 300 short mag up on the claw and try and steady for the shot which then buck fever as they call it set in, boom i shoot clean mis over his back reload two more clean misses at this point i was very dissapointed, range time meant nothing when you have a trophy of a life time in the scope, so i took a deep breath and relaxed put the crosshairs in the honey hole and boom ,my buddy said you got him he is down i couldnt be happier the wait was over as i approched the down deer i could not believe how big he was i stood in ahhh for ten minutes knowing i finally got my trophy coues deer it was not easy but worth every minute. thanks out to my buddy lucas for helping me. my friend rough scored him at 114 1/4

post-1164-1287963452.jpg

Congradulations on a nice buck.

nice job thats a nice buck

Wow, I would say holding out definately paid off, congrats on a dang nice buck! Got any more pictures to share?