Sign in to follow this  
jmwhitehunter

2010 October Coues 130" and 98"

Here's mine and my buddy Daniel Barton's 2010 Coues deer. I glassed my buck up by myself at 1 pm on the second day of the hunt. I couldn't get a hold of Daniel and my brother Jeremy as they were about a mile away glassing another canyon. I decided to take the 600 yard shot. I dialed in my scope for the long shot but didn't compensate for the wind. I missed the first shot and the buck just stood there. I then adjusted for the wind and hit him right through both shoulders on the second shot. As I watched my buck lay on the ground I spotted another deer feeding just ten yards away from my deer. I could tell this was a great buck too. I immediately ran to go find Daniel and Jeremy. We got back to my glassing spot about an hour and 15 minutes after I had shot mine. Another 15 minutes of glassing and I glassed up Daniel's buck feeding about 30 yards from my deer. Daniel lied down with my 26-06 and whacked the deer through both shoulders at about 625 yards. We didn't realize what we had until we found them. We both couldn't be happier with these bucks. Mine scores right at 130 and Daniel's goes 98 both unofficial. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Josh White

P.S. Sorry for the double post in Forum Help.

post-1484-1288023590_thumb.jpg

post-1484-1288023602_thumb.jpg

post-1484-1288023612_thumb.jpg

"Mine scores right at 130 and Daniel's goes 98 both unofficial. Hope you enjoy as much as we did."

I hope I did not enjoy as much as you did, but nice work.

Wow that is a great success story. I am Very excited to see these pics, as i heard about your guys success through the grapevine.

Awesome Bucks guys, And even better shooting!!

That's just Awesome! Congrats! Can you imagine how it would have felt if it was the 98 incher you shot and then you found the 130 feeding just 30 yards from your dead deer. This is one of those hunts I'd love to see on video. Great job thanks for sharing!

nice

The third pic (with both bucks) sure shows the diff in size between them. They are both beautiful bucks but the big guy is amazing. Nice work