Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

Wonderful Oct safari in Zimbabwe.

Sorry for the delayed reply.. I have been eye-ball deep in moving and haven't had a chance to log on lately.

To all, thank you very much for the replies. It was the best hunt I have had the pleasure of going on. It was a wonderfu trip in every way.

Thanks for taking the time to read it!

I've never heard of anything like that

Oustanding Scottyboy!!! Wow, loved the write-up and all the photos. Great job conveying the fun time you had and all those amazing animals. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

Wow! Great write up! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. Congrats on realizing your dream on taking a brute of a buffalo! My favorite is the kudu, what an absolutely beautiful bull. :lol: Pretty funny you scaring the crap out of those guys with the fake snake. Congrats to you and your friends on a great hunt and some memories of gold!

-Tracy

Scotty:

Congratulations on yet another great safari.

May I suggest that instead of another elephant that you go for lion on your next trip?

As you know, there is an organized move afoot that would ban lion hunting by flooding the public, CITES and USFWS with gross misinformation and outright lies. Once closed, it will not reopen in your lifetime -- even after that misinformation is proven wrong.

If you think your buffalo and elephants stirred your adrenaline, try moving on foot before first light to within 25-30 yards of a 500-pound cat that's roaring to tell everyone that he's the meanest S.O.B. around and it's still too dark to know exactly where he is.

Email me in the New Year, and let's get together for lunch again.

Bill Quimby

Thanks Bob and Bill!

Bill, I've been seriously thinking about what you described. I know it won't be long before they close lion forever in all available countries.. And it's going to be sooner than later. I am seriously thinking about it for '12 (if its still around by then)..

Africa is off the radar next year.. It's all mountain game hunting for me next year. I have two hunts booked for Oct and Nov in two VERY diff countries!! I'll fill you in over lunch. You pick a time and place!

Thanks Bob and Bill!

Bill, I've been seriously thinking about what you described. I know it won't be long before they close lion forever in all available countries.. And it's going to be sooner than later. I am seriously thinking about it for '12 (if its still around by then)..

Africa is off the radar next year.. It's all mountain game hunting for me next year. I have two hunts booked for Oct and Nov in two VERY diff countries!! I'll fill you in over lunch. You pick a time and place!

Ibex? Or sheep?

Great old bull and great photos! I watched a Nat Geo thing on lions and hyenas, it was pretty awesome. I think I'd really like to knock over a big fisi someday!

Thanks Bob and Bill!

Lunch will have to wait until after January 1. Will PM you then.

Bill Quimby

Scotty! What more can a guy say.. that Fantastic!! Congrats to you on the Dugga Boy and your buddy on a GREAT Bag... the pics made me long for Zim!!

How is the outfit you hunted with compaired to LEMCO?? ...in cost and quality both? It looks like it is well managed, just curious.

Congrats again!! Thanks for sharing!

...and Merry Christmas!

Bill

will do. I'm looking forward to it..

Jon and Eric, thanks!

Geno,

the only thing that separates the Bubiana Conservancy from the Bubye Valley Conservancy (Lemco) is one fenceline.. Same terrain, same game (Lemco does have more sable) etc.. Both are very well managed. Lemco is broke into 8-10 diff blocks that are each hunted by diff safari operators. The Bubiana is broke into about 4. The portion we hunted was hunted by the owners of the potion of the Conservancy. Pity that both Conservancies took big hits in acrage when the blacks began their land grabs a few years back. They had to give alot of land to keep what they had. Other than that, the hunting is fantastic there. Loads of plainsgame and plenty of buffalo and leopard with a few herds of elephant mixed in that come and go from the Bubye River. Lemco has more than a few prides of lion as well and the river is home to plenty of hippo and crocs. The proof is in the pudding, mate!! Look at our small safari. ALL were great trophies. The game is there.