Guest Ernesto C

What will you aim for?

We're headed out in the morn to set up camp and do a little glassing in the evening. I think my minimum will still be the same as last year.. 90" or better. But I'll be looking for those Booner bucks I've seen out there time and time again!! Only time is gonna tell!!

Good luck to everyone and we'll see some of you in Arivaca at the Grubsteak on Sat. at 8 PM!!

I will also be hunting Muley this year during the second hunt. First I need to help my favorite hunting partner, my wife, get a deer. Then I will work on mine. I love deer meat and we ran out a LOOONG time ago! So I won't be too picky.

It is tradition that when we return from a hunt that we have a family cook out with fresh deer meat :D !

I will try and avoid shooting a spike only because that is what will be eating during a suprise b-day party for my mother and don't want to make a "bad " impression on the guests about eating "bambi." They have before and loved they just didn't know it!

;)

Already killed my 20" toad this year. In January I'll be holding out for a 100" buck. Recently got pictures of a buck that looks to gross around 110". Will probably be shooting for him. I'm bound and determined not to shoot a small buck. I have really regretted taking that spike this year. The steaks were great though!

I'm leaving it totally up to my Son, as to what he will shoot or hold out for.

Good luck to all you goin' out.

I'm leaving work right now, taking my Son out of school, and heading south! IT'S FINALLY TIME !!!!!!!!!

I only have one more chance this year. December archery I will be looking for 100'' or better. If I don't see anything that size I will come home empty handed.

I'm taking a few new big game hunters out for their first hunt. First weekend if I glass anything over 100 I told them it is mine, anything under they can fight about. Last week if I get it to myself I'm going to hold out again until the end for one that will look good on the wall, unless I take my son along, I'll shoot the first buck in sight.

I am shooting for atleast one day to hunt for a buck. Our Bull elk tags overlap our deer tags so as you can guess we are spending more time on the elk than the deer. But I will look for atleast a 115 inch buck. I will gladly come home empty handed with out a buck if I do not find the one to break my old record of 115.

Hey younghunter, I've taken more than 20 in my life. I can remember in the 1980's when there were lelftover permits available!!!!! Even Dec. rut hunt tags were available. You could actually take two deer per year. I am 49 years old so I've hunted for many years. My deer cam has taken several big buck pics over the last two years. Mostly they appear during the rut when they are cruising.

They are there. You just have to be patient. As far as the pics, my camera is a 35mm and I put them on a cd. I try to send them to this site but apparentlh the file isn't big enough. I'm still trying to downsize so I can post. As far as size, I know one buck is at least 118" and another is pushing 110". That was last Jan. and with the wet year we have had, who knows how big they are this year!!!!! We will see this weekend!! good luck on your hunts!!

I'll be holding out for a 4x4 muley in NM (11-14 Nov) and 100 inches or better for the first three days I'll hunt in AZ (15-20 Nov). Then I'll shoot any legal buck. ;). Good Luck to you all and BE SAFE!

I am riding the longest deerless drought of my entire life right now and it is because I became to picky, so if it has antlers on its head I am shooting first worrying about size later!!! right now my son thinks that hunting is just a good hike in the woods followed by alot of sitting and looking at tree's and then another hike in the woods back to the truck!! I think he wonders why I even carry a rifle with me ;) AG

Well, in my opinion, you must set your standards really high. I'm shooting for 140 incher. Seems to always work, aim high, get a little less. Around a 100 inches.