Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

WTB Youth 20 Gauge

I purchased a 20 gauge for my oldest son for his 10th birthday, and now I need to do the same for my middle son. Sooooooo, if you have a youth sized 20 let me know.

Thanks,

Whitey

pm what you have.....

Simple as it sounds, WalMart sells a Remington 870 youth shotgun for a very reasonable price. I bought one for my boys and my middle son, Nick killed a nice turkey 2 years back with it, and they have shot quite a few quail with it. It's pretty "non-frills", laminate wood, fiber optic sights, reliable 870 pump action, corrosion resistant barrell and reciever - pretty good first scatter gun for kids, IMO. Beats the heck out of those break-over single shot doo-hickeys you see so many kids trying to hunt with.

Whatever gun you choose, glad to see you getting kids out there in the field hunting!

Thanks Coach, but I am kind of looking for the single shot 20 gauge that I started with when I was their age. I subscribe to the "make the first shot count" theory, and besided I already purchased one for the oldest and want it to be fair. I told each of the boys that I will buy the first one and they can save their money and pitch in when they want to up-grade.

At any rate,

Still looking for a youth 20.

Thanks.

Whitey