Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

My wife's Buck

Got in late last night after putting it down at last night on the last day. My wife was hunting with her dad since opening day and her dad shot one on the 5th day, alot like hers but not as wide. I got there to help out that same day he shot his just a little to late to help out. On the last day she finnaly conected, she was looking for anything with antlers at that point. We go into a spot we had seen a group of 5 bucks the day before but cound't get a shot. I located the bucks but they had moved way down into the flats making it imposible to get to them. Started looking around spoted 3 bucks way up high and put a stalk on them. Well they worked over a ridge before we could get to them so we decided to follow and maybe spot them on the other side. Well the other side had NO cover and could not figure out were they went so we just sat there for a while. When we got up to leave I spotted a deer, a doe, and as I was showing my wife were it was she said, thats not a doe thats a buck. Come to find out the does were up feeding and kicked this buck out of its bed. The Buck goes downhill a ways into some trees and never comes out so my wife and I loop around to try to relocate the buck. Get to about 250 yards and I spotted the buck laying out in the open so we get my wife all set up for a shot and waited for him to stand up. We waited for about 30 min he stand and she shoots. The shot looked like it broke one of its back lags but it goes into some brush out of sight. Then the fun part begins. We ended up chasing this buck for about 300 yards into the flats, A few shots later, all at about 40 yards, in the thick brush she had her buck on the ground. She was spent but the time it was said and done. Not to bad for an old man and a pregnant lady, 3 months along. Her dads buck had an outside spread of about 15.5 and hers was a wopping 18 inches.

post-1770-1289570676_thumb.jpg

That's awesome. He sure is wide. Congrats on the buck and on the baby on the way!