I have a buddy he has a REM 700 BDL 7mm RUM we have been having a time getting a zero with this rifle. He has a Leupold VXl 4.5-14, trigger that breaks very clean and has been adjusted by a gunsmith,he also has a muzzle break. we have been shooting of a caldwell leadsled very good and solid rest. We cannot get this rifle to zero, The bullets will travel to the right then we adjust only to have to go back to the left. we have checked the scope rings and bases to insure they are tight and not moving likewise with the mounting bolts on the stock. we let this gun cool down before we fire shots and just can't figure why we would be chasing this to the right. Any ideas.

Sounds like the shooter.. And knowing you, I am 100% correct. Sounds like maybe the way the gun is being held. Sounds like the stock might be contacting the barrel in different ways. Make sure your not twisting the stock with your hands.

It's the scope.

Put another scope on it and watch it hold zero.

I had this happen with a Zeiss on a 7mm Rem Mag.

Sent it back to factory and they confirmed it was moving internally.

Sounds like the shooter.. And knowing you, I am 100% correct. Sounds like maybe the way the gun is being held. Sounds like the stock might be contacting the barrel in different ways. Make sure your not twisting the stock with your hands.

I thought shooter also then I shoot it. same thing. I am thinking stock but not sure. I am not thinking scope, but that thought has crossed my mind. Buy the way Casey I think my late nov buck will be bigger than yours.... :P

It's the scope.

Put another scope on it and watch it hold zero.

I had this happen with a Zeiss on a 7mm Rem Mag.

Sent it back to factory and they confirmed it was moving internally.

[/quote/]

The more I think of this the more this slaps me in the face.....I think you are 100% correct. he had a nice 257 that he could not shoot, same scope different gun I can't believe we didn't think of that...

I would loose the caldwell leadsled. Rifles will shoot a lot dif. if they are being held dif. than the way they are shot in the field. If you use that rest in the field then it would work. Sight in/shoot the way you hunt. IE- bipod / rear bag, rifle on a pack ect. Just my opinion.

+1 on stock contact. I bought a Tika T3 last year and had trouble zeroing. I began checking everything I could. I too thought it was the scope. I finally found that the stock was making slight contact with the barrel. I called Berretta and confirmed that the barrel should be free floating. They told me to send it back and they would fix it. I just got the sand paper out and fixed the problem myself. The results were great. I shot a nice coues in Oct. at 500 yds in the eye, while he was bedded and looking at me.

The more I think of this the more this slaps me in the face.....I think you are 100% correct. he had a nice 257 that he could not shoot, same scope different gun I can't believe we didn't think of that...

Keep us posted on the outcome. I know how frustrating things can get and how we can fail to see the obvious. I deal with that but mostly with my truck! Anyhow, I'm curious to find out what the true culprit of your problem is.