Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

"Medical" pot

So.... let me straight:

The Fed allows states to pass laws that violate federal law, like "medical" pot.

Then the Fed sues Arizona for passing a law to enforce the Federal immigration laws.

I really have to wonder how the US became a world power, but I'm sure that our time is running out.

Mark

• Like 2

The slippery slope just got slipperier(sp) :blink:

Watching the news last night Joe made another sweep picking up 17 employees using SSN's that did not belong to them.

The company claimed they were "committed" to hiring legal workers.

Joe said it right, "These people are using your SSN's and that is serious business"

As for the pot legality, just look where our neigbor to the west is with that stuff and you can see the future of our state I fear.

I KNOW that the med-weed is a hoax and babystep to legalize the weed... I know this because I have a few pot-head friends who are SOOooooo excited about the law passing. They arent using for med reasons, but have already figured out how to scam the system to smoke it legally.

it stinks worse that the weed smoke!

I was watching a show on Discovery or History channel about medical pot in California. They were showing the inside of some of these "dispensaries" that legally sell pot for medicinal purposes. It was kind of funny how careful they were to only describe their product as "medicine" and their customers as "patients". Yet everyone milling around in there deciding what "medicine" to buy was just a bunch of regular old pot heads. I don't think you even need a formal prescription, like you would for other regulated medicines. Just a note from a doctor, who I'm sure they have standing by to provide.

There's no doubt that "medical" marijuana is a stepping stone to full-blown legalization for recreational use. Just look at the measure that almost passed in CA a couple weeks back.

Personally, I'm not really either for or against legalization of pot. Anyone who wants it can already get it with a simple phone call, and our "war on drugs" hasn't made a dent. Seems just a few weeks back the feds found a tunnel from Mexico to AZ and confiscated some crazy amount of pot - like 20 TONS or something silly. That's just one load intercepted - think of how many tons of Mexican pot are making their way into the US every week. Not to mention the folks who grow their own, buy domestic pot, etc.

I don't smoke it, haven't for over 20 years, and even back in college days had roommates and friends who smoked it daily, and I gave it try or two, but I never really got the appeal. Just not my thing. That said, I'm not a believer in prohibition either. It has never worked and never will. Simple economics 101 proves that where there is a demand, there will be a supply. It just creates a black market that lines the pockets of murderers and gangsters with cash.

Not sure where I end up on this one...You can walk into a Circle K and buy any kind of alcohol you want in any quantity (until they run out). Many people call pot a "stepping-stone" drug, but I'd argue that the first "stepping stone" drug is tobacco, followed by alchohol. Yet both are legal, taxed, and have widespread legal use.

I tend to lean more toward personal liberty and personal responsibility, which leads me more toward legalization, but where do you draw the line, or do you? Dunno. Hard to tell people they can't smoke pot and lay around eating cheetos, but they can drink all the alcohol they can afford (often leading to domestic violence, drunk driving, etc) - like one is OK and the other isn't.

• Like 1

I was watching a show on Discovery or History channel about medical pot in California. They were showing the inside of some of these "dispensaries" that legally sell pot for medicinal purposes. It was kind of funny how careful they were to only describe their product as "medicine" and their customers as "patients". Yet everyone milling around in there deciding what "medicine" to buy was just a bunch of regular old pot heads. I don't think you even need a formal prescription, like you would for other regulated medicines. Just a note from a doctor, who I'm sure they have standing by to provide.

There's no doubt that "medical" marijuana is a stepping stone to full-blown legalization for recreational use. Just look at the measure that almost passed in CA a couple weeks back.

Personally, I'm not really either for or against legalization of pot. Anyone who wants it can already get it with a simple phone call, and our "war on drugs" hasn't made a dent. Seems just a few weeks back the feds found a tunnel from Mexico to AZ and confiscated some crazy amount of pot - like 20 TONS or something silly. That's just one load intercepted - think of how many tons of Mexican pot are making their way into the US every week. Not to mention the folks who grow their own, buy domestic pot, etc.

I don't smoke it, haven't for over 20 years, and even back in college days had roommates and friends who smoked it daily, and I gave it try or two, but I never really got the appeal. Just not my thing. That said, I'm not a believer in prohibition either. It has never worked and never will. Simple economics 101 proves that where there is a demand, there will be a supply. It just creates a black market that lines the pockets of murderers and gangsters with cash.

Not sure where I end up on this one...You can walk into a Circle K and buy any kind of alcohol you want in any quantity (until they run out). Many people call pot a "stepping-stone" drug, but I'd argue that the first "stepping stone" drug is tobacco, followed by alchohol. Yet both are legal, taxed, and have widespread legal use.

I tend to lean more toward personal liberty and personal responsibility, which leads me more toward legalization, but where do you draw the line, or do you? Dunno. Hard to tell people they can't smoke pot and lay around eating cheetos, but they can drink all the alcohol they can afford (often leading to domestic violence, drunk driving, etc) - like one is OK and the other isn't.

Holy $&*^ Coach very well said. I have to say that I agree with every word you typed!

agree. Very hypocritical. Believe me, I am against all drug use, but let's face it booze is a drug we not only allow, but we allow a bombardment of advertising and encouragement of use. Alcohol has ruined millions of lives just in this country alone, yet we celebrate it's use.

I also agree 100% with Bowsniper. The feds look the other when these state laws are passed, that fly right in the face of federal law, but want to label everyone racist if they want to stop illegal immigration.

Joeeden, I think I'll have to toast to that. Just cracked a fresh one, with a decent cigar...Uh oh, I'm a fugitive now ;)

If medical marijuana leads to the legalization of pot, this could be a good thing. Not because people could smoke it without getting busted; but, for the revenue it could create for the country. Alcohol and tobacco is taxed pretty heavily. Could you imagine the money that could come from some good old US grown pot? Not only that, it could keep some farmers in business - many tobacco farmers and others have been subsidized by the government for years.

Not only that, why would people buy Mexican pot if they can grow their own or buy it at Circle K? This could cut down on all those illegals we see when we are out hunting for Coues.

As someone who works in the public school system, I have seen more families destroyed by alcohol and violence than by marijuana. I have never had a student die in a marijuana related car accident, but unfortunately I have gone to way too many alcohol related funerals. And marijuana is not a gateway drug.

Some kids smoke it because it is illegal - make it legal and half of the thrill is gone........

Alcohol is far worse than weed. Tax it get out of US debt, stop a lot of the cartels from there crap (because 95% is because of pot), lots of violence comes from Booze and what does weed do? Make you eat and be lazy and laugh. I have never heard of anyone coming home high and beating up their wife. Just hurry and legalize it so we can stop all this crap. LOL Just like booze back in the day was illegal and the cartels were running it back and forth and people running across the border to get booze. They got smart and legalized it and taxed it and the cartels stopped but guess what they are back now lets do it with weed but next the cartels will be back to coke or meth but that won't be for a decade or so. I have lots of friends that smoke and I don't see nothing against it heck I used to back in the day all the time but I stopped and anymore when I have in the past tried it again I did not like the PARANOID feeling I got so I opt not to do it just like beer. Ever now and then I have a couple but I don't like the heart burn. To each his own. I think it is good that they did it for medical use because like any other drug/medicine if the patient needs it give it to them. just my 2 cents.

So let me understand this. When the govt. legalizes pot and puts a tax on it to get the us out of debt, the cartels will go out of business? Yeah right! If you are a pot head and want to buy a ounce of pot, are you going to buy from the guy who is selling it for $50 + 40% tax, or are you going to buy it form the guy selling it for $50 with no tax added. The cartels wont be collecting tax....

moonshine is still big business. guess when they legalized booze again, it didn't put them outta business. dope is dope. just a crutch for any punk that can't handle reality. there is nothing medicinal about weed, booze, coke, opium, none of it. there are times that drugs are essential for pain relief and anesthesia and things like that, but smokin' dope has no medicinal value what so ever. it's been proven time and time again in all kindsa studies. even totally legalizing it won't stop the flood from the south. there was a really good documentary about his very subject awhile back on tv. the show is called south park. one of the best explanations of it i've seen so far. Lark.

Huh, what Lark???? Since when and where is moonshine big business???? :lol: :lol: I've got a couple of friends that brew their own beer, but I've never seen any 'business' bigger than that in moonshine.... ;)

S.

:)

go back east to the mountains of kentucky, west virginia, tennesee, just about anywhere. runnin' shine is still big business. i gotta a buncha kin that still do it. a bunch of em grow dope too. officially, the biggest agricultural cash crop in kentucky is dope. Lark.

Think back to all those episodes of The Untouchables. Substitute the word Cartel for everytime you heard the word Mob.

J Edgar said "marijuana would grow wild in the streets. 73 years and we're still fighting that battle. I say legalize it, tax it and utilize the money to fight dangerous drugs like meth, heroin, and cocaine. By the way, just so you know the smell of pot smoke turns my stomach.

I guess my Libertarian leanings are showing on this issue.

EBB