DesertBull

Bought a Rock Chucker kit

I have always full lengt sized.

For both guns, I would shoot either the 140 Nosler Accubond, or the 140 TTSX. Both are awesome bullets and shoul shoot very well.

I am not familiar on what bumping the shoulder back entails or when it should be done. Does anyone feel like enlightening me.

DB,

I partial full-length size such that the die is down enough that it just touches the shoulder but not try to set it back. Check with a smoked shoulder and neck.

Doug~RR

After neck sizing your brass (x) number of times, it will get to where your bolt gets sticky when you close your bolt. When this happens you bump the shoulder back just enough to allow the bolt to close with very little effort.

As it has been stated you will make a mistake or two and may wish to invest in a stuck case puller.

I also have had great luck with Hornady One Shot case lube, is the simplest and cleaner than any other.

I would recommend picking up at least 1 other reloading book for a good cross reference; and a dial caliper either analog or digital will work.

The balance beam scale will work fine until you get you feet under you and then some.

I started out with an old Herter’s press and Herter’s dies and lee scoops; it forced me to learn lot about reloading and many calls to my dad. I wish he were still here to answer questions from his Grandson.

Phil

Wouldn't you know it. THe day after I buy the Rock Chucker, Cabela's has the Lock N Load kit from Hornady on sale for $250

If you go with a spray lube, which I prefer, go to Sinclair International and order a lube rack that stands the shells in an upright position. It really makes things easy. shayne

If you go with a spray lube, which I prefer, go to Sinclair International and order a lube rack that stands the shells in an upright position. It really makes things easy. shayne

Sounds like a great product. I dont have one,but if you want to go cheap cardboard works pretty good for this.I take a loaded bullet and poke a hole up to the neck 50 times( or what ever you like). You will have to make a new one eventually when the holes get wallowed out,but it lasts a while. The one im using now has been used about 6 times.

I like the spray lube, put my brass in the top of a shoe box, give it a squirt then roll it and squirt again, run my fingers over it to make sure it is covered before I put it in the die. I FL resize for my semi-auto's, NS for bolts until 3rd or 4th loading, then it is FL. I measure every 5th charge for handguns and trickle every load for rifle. Hand primers are the way to go, you can feel if the pockets are wearing out. When in doubt crush a case with pliers rather than take a chance. How hot you make the loads will determine brass life. And the most important thing - absolutely no distractions when you are filling and capping the cases.

I only reload for one rifle right now and have only been doing it for a few years but one of the biggest problems I have had was a good solid bench. I know you mentioned getting a bench so you want to make sure it is something sturdy.