Sign in to follow this  
Huntaholic

Check out what I found

:blink: frickin cool find!! My bro says that the buck is part Horny Toad

He does look like a horny toad maybe I should call him the horny toad buck. I've never seen anything even close to this buck in the area where I found him. I love burly bucks and I'd love to shoot one someday but this will do for now. I've only seen 1 other buck like this alive but he had half the burs this one has.

Very cool! That buck most definitely had some age to him. Woulda been one heck of a sweet looking trophy mount. Hopefully he managed to do some serious breeding to keep the genes floating around the area. That sucker has some serious junk on his antlers!!

The more I look at it...I think this guy died within the same time frame that he was shredding his velvet. He didn't get all the velvet rubbed off and cleaned up before he met his fate. Just a thought!

He is pretty symmetrical too bad he's chewed up a bit. Yes he does look like he had at least some velvet left on his rack when he died. Hopefully I can find some of his offspring in the next couple years.

I have seen a couple of really old bucks that still had some velvet on when killed. I think that they just let it mostly fall off and didn't waste any time thrashing trees. They were "retired" I guess. Maybe same story with this old warrior.