catclaw

Wolves moving West

You can tell lark is worked up when he starts using proper grammer. Lol

How does an animal escape an area that has no fences.

I saw a collared female wolf on the 4B side of Forest Lakes in '99 during archery elk season, saw it two times and my buddy saw it once. called G&F and the lady said they were looking for a female that left whatever area it was in. I believed then and still do now, these 'escapes' were planned.

More predator pressure, whether coyotes because of no more trapping, lions, wolves and humans having 8 hunting seasons in a unit... is the number 1 detriment to deer populations.

Too many agendas....

Kent

Never got to see them but while elk hunting in 4B about 2002 we found a spot that they were spending a lot of time in.

that's funny Bill.

6 years ago i saw one in unit 10 on the west side of cataract canyone. that's quite a ways from the blue. there was one killing miniature horses around snowflake about the same time. the very fact that the wolfers think they can make em stay in a given area shows their stupidity. wolves are rangey suckers. they travel and are likely to pick up and just go at any time. like i've said before, my uncle killed more of them than any man ever, i'd bet. one time they moved in to the wilcox area almost over night, bunches of em. never knew exactly why, but he did em some serious damage that's for sure. they are extremely easy to trap, even the real ones that are wild. even easier to poison. he'd get a pickup load every night. my grandad killed several of em over the years and at one time had the paws and tail off one in his freezer. they had an old cow that got sick and they made a little pen up a canyon where she was and packed food into her and had her about well, and a wolf come along and killed her. he trapped it and packed it back to the house. there used to be a photo of it around where this ol' cowboy named red morgan put cowboy boots on all of it's feet and stood it up in the photo. looked sorta cool to see a wolf wearin' cowboy boots. wish i knew where that photo was now. bet i could make some wolfers howl with it. the ol' lobo we to used have was an interesting animal, and it's probly too bad they all got killed, same with the sonoran grizzly, but they did and that's pretty much the end of the real story. i read a deal awhile back about the last wolves in yellowstone. said they killed a female that had a litter of puppies in a den. they caught all the puppies and let the forest ranger's kids play with em and took some photos of em, and then they drowned em. that was the end of the yellowstone wolves. they had some photos of the kids playin' with em. Lark.

Well you all had better get used to it because they are here to stay whether you like it or not.

And if there is a little bit of dog in them it will be bred out over generations, the same way the wolf was bred out of today's dog.

Well you all had better get used to it because they are here to stay whether you like it or not.

And if there is a little bit of dog in them it will be bred out over generations, the same way the wolf was bred out of today's dog.

You "wolf huggers" keep on thinking that way. What a waste of money the whole wolf program is. SSS!

Arizona’s Game and Fish Commission supports

Congressional efforts to delist gray wolves

Dec. 4, 2010

PHOENIX — After a lengthy meeting, the Arizona Game and Fish Commission (Commission) today voted 4-1 to support Congressional actions to delist the gray wolf from protection under the Endangered Species Act.

The Commission sees this as an opportunity to break through the gridlock in the Mexican gray wolf reintroduction program and welcomes the opportunity to manage this important species.

The Commission desires to work with every stakeholder, and all who are willing to come to the table to negotiate and seek solutions to issues. Local governments, sportsmen, livestock operators, and environmentalists have all reiterated support for Mexican gray wolf conservation in Arizona, as does the Commission.

To learn about the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s role in the Mexican gray wolf reintroduction, visit www.azgfd.gov/wolf.

I got this from the AZGFD email

Read between the lines.......The AZGFD made a mistake in helping/agreeing to introduce the wolf back into AZ. Why else would they agree to delist this species? Seems to me that they realize that the wolf has not been contained to the Blue Wilderness area and now something has to be done. Like someone said - no fence, no containment.

Let's hope that the wolf will soon be classified as a "fur bearing" species and we have an open hunting season on them.

oh well, they taste real good. specially with pinto beans and ripple. wolf backstrap is some good stuff. it's kinda cool because no matter what part ya eat, if it's cooked, it's hotdog. Lark.

You "wolf huggers" keep on thinking that way. What a waste of money the whole wolf program is. SSS!

Get the PopCorn... B)

Well heck fellas, sounds like we are trying to bring back the old west so let's allow the native American Indian to have his hunting grounds back and attack any white settlers (like those wth cabins in Greer, Alpine, and all of the rim country that he comes across! Wolves are bad, Grizzly bears are bad and if what we all want is balance we need to start doing what the Chinese are doing and stop the pro-creating of two legged creatures as well. :P To keep it real, wolves and grizzlies were fine as long as we could shoot them on site and not "during a season only" or as "allowed by management". A wolf kills one of my pets while camping and there is no "repaying me" for my losses! You can't replace a loved one and if it happens enough you can bet there will be a reckonin from us down to earth folks who aint into tree huggin! :ph34r: We can't go back in time or who is to say we don't bring back slavery, stick women back in the kitchen and out of cars :o and kick the crap out of our children when they talk back to adults? Do away with Child Protectove Services, Game and Fish, ACLU and go back to public hangings for thieves and gun fights instead of drive-by's! We could go on and on but it is a waste and I couldn't buy enough popcorn to continue to read this thread though some of it is a real hoot!! :blink:

Well heck fellas, sounds like we are trying to bring back the old west so let's allow the native American Indian to have his hunting grounds back and attack any white settlers (like those wth cabins in Greer, Alpine, and all of the rim country that he comes across! Wolves are bad, Grizzly bears are bad and Apaches are bad too. I continue to read this thread though some of it is a real hoot!! :blink:

Apaches and wolves alike in the ole' west. LoL

If you look at what is going on up north (Montana, Idaho etc.) The feds have stopped the wolf hunts because Wyoming doesn't have a program in place to help sustain the population. There are many articles on OutdoorLife.com that talk about all the problems that outfitters are having like was posted earlier.

I think it goes to show that someone can be too educated. Also, in some places, common sense isn't very common.

i'[m all for wimin in the kitchen and kickin' kids around and public hangins. but i don't feel like fightin' no injuns. hey Amanda, get back in there a fix some samwiches.

"if your wife comes outta the kitchen and hollers at ya, what have ya done wrong?"

"let her chain out too far."

Lark.

Do away with ...... ACLU

Now your talkin! I would trust a wolf with my kids before some mouth breathing, bed wetting lawyer.