308Nut

How much does 'canting' your rifle affect accuracy?

I did not have any consistency with my bow at longer ranges until I started paying attention to the level. I assume the same holds true for a rifle, which is why I have one on my gun.

Seems like this thread has become more of a laughing stock than it is usefull. <_<

Ignore the peanut gallery Mike. I think it may just be over their heads ;) .

Thank you for the post, and all the helpful information you contribute to this site.

next time you are at the range try it out, shoot normal at 200 yrd then cant gun and shoot again. its funny when i first put a bubble on my long gun i was off alot where i normally shoot comfortably so i had to adjust my cheek weld and posture but if you are sighted in with the cant you are allowing for it but ounce in the field its the same as a bow you need 3rd axis leveling or whatever they call it. level is the way to go for long range, dont leave home without it. i sue both rail and scope mount, i use the rail mount level to set my scope on a target level then set the scope mount off of that.

18 minutes ago, Lazy-H98 said:

Great write up.  Thanks for taking the time to do so.

That post is over four years old.

So does that make it no longer relevant? Being older that is? Now we can get scopes with level indicators in the illuminated cross hairs.

If you cock your rifle and cant your head and hold your mouth just right you might hit something or get an AR with a big clip and e s  pray.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:20 AM, PRDATR said:

That post is over four years old.

Wait... so there was a time when CWT was centered around the exchange of useful information and sharing ideas relevant to hunting coues?

2010 must have been a weird time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still not convinced this jacksimonton isn't a bot

• Like 2