Pine Donkey

This post is for the dogs

Figure it's about time to post my little Weimeraner, Remington, Remi for short. She's a classic blue, and just now started getting honey yellow eyes from her puppy blue eyes. I'm going to post pictures from her when we first got her, up until just recently, her at 40 lbs.

It's only been 2 months across the pictures, she grew 30 lbs, and is absolute pure muscle, love the little puppy to death, training her for waterfowl hunting next season, she's already obeying commands for sit, down, cover, drop, pickup, stay, and doesn't move until I say "OK".

Notice my Vizsla/Chocolate Lab mix looking up at her in the first picture haha.

post-12232-0-89364500-1450898029_thumb.jpg

post-12232-0-95708700-1450898040_thumb.jpg

post-12232-0-26343800-1450898055_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Just came across this thread and love all the pictures of the dogs! I just found a litter in November and decided to pick up this little male. Little is kind'a misleading, but I am pretty sure he will be every bit the 90 lbs that his dad is. He may not come from championship show dog lines, but he has his papers and his dad is a natural hunter and apparently required very little training to retrieve dove and point on quail. "Drake" will be 4 months old next week and he is really starting to develop a great personality. He gets lots of play time with my brother's chocolate lab and TONS of playtime with my neighbor's Weimer. I work from home so this little guy is now getting good at sitting upstairs with me in the office while I get some work done. He seems pretty birdy already and has love the ducks and quail that get brought home so far. After his next set of shots in a week I'll be able to take him out to the river and get him used to the kayak, but he sure loves to sit on it in the garage. I'll get him used to the shotgun and will be ready to start with the training. Right now he's great at retrieving his toys and he is great on basic commands. Of course, we are also focusing on making him a great family dog and couch potato for those non-hunting days. This is the first dog I've raised from a pup. The first 4 weeks were definitely hard, but now it's getting great! Looking forward to duck and quail hunting with this little guy next season! BTW, I'm just going to look at the silver lining and say that picture of him in my dishwasher is simply him excelling at his dish washing training!

Drake6.jpg

Drake8.jpg

Drake%207.jpg

Drake5.jpg

Drake%20and%20Ducks.jpg

• Like 4

Our new addition to the family. His name is Ranger he is a weimador or labmaraner ( lab/ Weimariner mix). We got him at 12 weeks and he is now 4 months old. He is a great dog so far gonna be a big one!post-3282-0-35365400-1454723998_thumb.jpegpost-3282-0-88916400-1454724012_thumb.jpegpost-3282-0-48259800-1454724037_thumb.jpegpost-3282-0-35578400-1454724072_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

Struggling today as it looks to be the last day with my almost 16 yr old buddy. He and i have gone gray together. He was always so good with my kiddos! Heck he converted me i used to be a cat guy. :]

• Like 3

Struggling today as it looks to be the last day with my almost 16 yr old buddy. He and i have gone gray together. He was always so good with my kiddos! Heck he converted me i used to be a cat guy. :]

Sorry Brother! Always tears me up to hear about someone about to lose their dog. Good luck and think of the good times!

• Like 1

Today is party day! All the bad food he might want. ;)

NIce! To lose a good dog is to lose the truest friend you will ever know. It's painful, but you have to celebrate all the good years you had together.

My lab I have now is 'going grey' with me. She's 6 and already greying up around the muzzle. I don't know what I'll do when it's her turn, I tear up just to think about it....

• Like 1

Hoghunter:

Sorry to hear about your dog. It is hard to go through that.

• Like 1