Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Unit 23 Non-Burro Coues

Been meaning to share this buck with everyone I just sorta forgot. One of my best friends and man, a person could know, Alan Ellsworth and I went to Unit 23 this year to try our luck at getting a decent buck. I hadn't been back there in probably 6-7 years but was hoping for a good hunt. To make a long story somewhat short, we hunted for 5 solid days and this is the best buck we could find. Seriously low deer numbers and an absolute TON of country to hunt with very little in it. I shot this buck at 350 yards on our last morning there. I'd guess it to score around 90".

post-3-1293677300_thumb.jpg

post-3-1293677376_thumb.jpg

post-3-1293677428_thumb.jpg

post-3-1293677468_thumb.jpg

I know this isn't really a product review, and I wish I had pics to show it, but I recently got the Outdoorsmans Pack System backpack from The Outdoorsmans and holy Lord that is the best pack I've ever had BY FAR!!! I can't even begin to tell you how comfortable it is. I had my Leupold 12-40X spotting scope, 15X Swaros, close to 100 oz of water, camera, knives and several layers of jackets etc on this pack along with a totally boned out coues buck, cape and head strapped on and it held all of it no problem! It also held my .300 Rem Ultra Mag over the side of the frame and it was so comfortable I couldn't believe it!! I had to hike all this stuff about 800' out of the bottom of this giant canyon, down into and across another 400' deep canyon to get back to my quad and it never got uncomfortable in the slightest. I know it's a tad pricey when compared to a Badlands or Eberlestock pack of similar size but I would have to say that having a pack like this on your back is like using 15X Swarovski binos on a tripod as opposed to using a pair of 10X Bushnell binos by hand. Not kidding! I never thought a pack could be this comfortable, but I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone in the market for a new backpack......

Congratulations Josh on a nice buck. Sure looks like it has a big body on him. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Heck yeah man! CONGRATS, a trophy for sure-23 non burro coues is slim pickins, you got it done and with style! Awesome!

I've been wondering if you'd get around to posting this. Congrats again on a nice buck! Great pictures as well.

I couldn't agree more on the pack. I've had mine now for a couple of years and tons of miles put on and I like it more every hunt.

Congratulations on a nice buck and a big +1 on the Outdoorsmans pack!!! I've only had one deer in mine so far and I love it!!!

Nice buck. Looks alot like the one you killed years and years ago when we went there. congrats.

Great Buck and Great story, thanks for sharing, and dont want to give Alan a big head but he is a pretty good guy......Dan

I can't believe you shot that little dink. I'd guess that little buck not even a year and 1/2 old. Poor little fawn....