Sign in to follow this  
azyota

Tucson Bass Club Meeting

Hello all, and Happy New Year!

I know there are a few fishermen on here, so I wanted to post up that Tucson Bass Club will be having our first meeting of the new year tomorrow night. The meeting will be at 6:30 Wednesday evening 1/5/11 in the upstairs break room of Sportsman's Warehouse in Tucson.

We have a great schedule planned for 2011 with our first tourney kicking off this coming weekend 1/8/2011. We are keeping our fingers crossed as there is one hurdle left in obtaining a permit, but if all goes well this weekends tournament will be at Bartlett. If we are unable to get the permit, the alternate plan is to have it at Patagonia. We should know for sure tomorrow.

This should be a great year for us, come out to Sportsman's and see what we have to offer!

Sportsman Warehouse is located at,

3945 W Costco Dr

Tucson, AZ 85741

(520) 877-4500

Here is the rest of our schedule;

TBC - Bartlett Lake (alt: Patty) 1/8/2011

FED Piggy Back - Lake Martinez 2/12/2011

TBC - Roosevelt Lake 3/5/2011

TBC - Apache Lake 4/9/2011

TBC - Lake Pleasant 5/14/2011

TBC - Lake Patagonia (NIGHT OPEN) 6/11/2011

TBC - Roosevelt Lake (NIGHT OPEN) 7/16/2011

TBC - Lake Patagonia (NIGHT OPEN) 8/13/2011

TBC - Bartlett Lake 9/24/2011

TBC - Bartlett Lake or Apache Lake 10/22/2011

FED Piggy Back - Alamo 11/5/2011

TBC - Championship TBD 3 - 4 Dec 11

My old man was a member at Tucson Bass for a while!

When I was in Casting Kids, they sponsored me all the way tot he national championship.

I was a member for years when they were a more independent club, now your basically a club that piggy backs federation tournaments which is way too far expensive and not the same as far as comradary, wish I was the way it used to be and it still would be the best club in the city, and I would still be a member along with those twenty plus people that left the day I did.

Bowhunter81, I'm actually pretty new to the club myself. I have been hearing the same thing you are saying from other people, and that's what some of us are working on trying to change. Things are changing but it's not going to happen overnight. This year we changed the tournament schedual so that you don't have to fish the federation events to still contest angler and co-angler of the year. And we are trying to bring more fun and comraderie back to the club. I'll post up more after the meeting tonight.

I do wish Tucson bass club nothing but the best of luck in strength in numbers, it brings back great timed and fellowship. I would love to come to a meeting and atleast see what's new or what's to be changed, I think the club is a great thing that all local anglers should support. If you could post some of the insight on throw outs and format I would appreciate it

What is the entry fee for your Tourney's? I have fished acouple at patagonia back a few years ago and may like to do it again if the price is right. I quit fishing Allstar years ago just tooo much cash to come up with.