Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Archery Mulie

I decided to go look for pigs this morning before work in an area I had seen some early in the week. I only had 2 hours so I had planned on just glassing with a little hiking. I got to my first spot and started glassing. I was about 5 minutes into it when I caught movement to my left. I look and it is a buck with his nose to the ground trotting my way. I watch him closing the distance fast and decide I better grab some cover. I ranged ahead of him where I thought he would pass and get a marker at 50 yards and a marker at 70 yards. The buck walks between the markers and I put my 60 on him and stop him. He ran about 100 yards and bedded down. He never got back up. It all happened fast and I could not help but harvesting him. Short and sweet it was fun.

post-3109-1294453117_thumb.jpg

Holy crap, look at the color of them horns. I just love the chocolate color antlers. Looks like your day was a great one. Congratulations on a beautiful buck. Now go get a pig. :)

TJ

Thanks guys, it was fun and alot of luck like my wife called it "one 7-11 buck". I did make it to work just a little later than planned. Justin you get the big boy give me a call and I'll be there. Good luck to everybody looking forward to more posts and pics ;) .